- Follow the steps given below to temporarily disable Instagram account.
- First of all you have to go to https://www.instagram.com in smartphone browser or desktop. Then login using the Instagram ID that you want to deactivate.
- Tap or click your profile icon in the top-right corner, and then select Profile.
- Select the Edit Profile option on the screen and scroll down until you see the Temporary Disable My Account option.
- When you tap on the Disable button, Instagram will then show you the page in a drop down menu. In which it will be written why you are disabling your account. After that you have to select an option from the menu and after that re-enter your password. The drop down menu has options like Create a second account, Can’t find people to follow, Concerned about my data, Just need a break, Privacy concern, Too busy/to distracting and Want to remove something. If you do not wish to specify your reason for deactivation, you can choose another option.
- Tap or click on the Temporary Disable Account button on the smartphone or desktop and take a break from the service after disabling it for some time.
Once you follow all the steps you can disable the temporary Instagram ID. If you want to come back to the social media app again, then all your data will be there. For this, all you have to do is login again with your login ID and password and you will be able to activate it again. When the Instagram account is not reactivated, the profile, photos, comments and likes will not be visible to other users on the platform. Let us tell you that you can deactivate Instagram account only once a week.
How to delete Instagram account on mobile phone and desktop:
- If you want to get complete relief, then you can also delete all the data from it along with your Instagram account. You can do this from the Instagram web browser and it cannot be done from the app.
- To delete Instagram account, you have to go to Delete Your Account page on browser in computer or smartphone and login.
- After that select the option from the drop down menu on the side of YRU DELETEING YOUR ACCOUNT. Here you will see the same options as deactivating an Instagram account such as Namely to Many Ads, Privacy Concerns, Concern About My Data, Created a Second Account, Trouble Getting Started, Want to Remove Something and Can’t Find People to Will see follow.
- Enter your password and hit on Permanently delete my account option from the bottom of the screen.
If you go through the Instagram.com account delete process, all your photos, comments, likes and followers on the app will be permanently deleted. By the way, even after this you will be with this service for 30 days. Even after that other users of the app will not be able to see any of your photos, likes, followers and comments. Users’ data in the server along with Meta/Facebook/Instagram is stored in the backup server for 90 days, but users will not have access to the Instagram account after the 31st day of permanent deletion.
How to download Instagram data before account is deleted:
If users want to save their data such as photos and posts before deleting the account, they can download a copy. For this, users have to go to their profile and tap on their profile photo, then go to settings, then access data and go to view all. In this way users can temporarily deactivate or permanently delete Instagram account from desktop or mobile site.