Meta is continuously working on the personal data of users because the company has been accused many times regarding this matter. In such a situation, to give more control over privacy and online activity, the company has provided Activity Off-Meta technology. This is a privacy setting that allows users to see and control the data that apps and websites share with the Meta platform. This includes information about interactions with businesses and organizations. Using this tool, users will be able to find out which business is sending data to Meta. If someone does this, you can remove it and clear the data.
How to stop Instagram from tracking your internet activity
- First of all, open the Instagram app. Then tap on the profile picture.
- Then there will be three lines given in the top right corner, tap on it. Then go to Settings and Privacy.
- After this tap on Activity. After this go to Activity Off Meta Technologies.
- After this turn on the toggle of Disconnect Future Activity. With this, Instagram will not be able to track you.
If you want to manage your previous activity, then follow the steps given below
- Go to Activity Off Meta Technologies page and then tap on Your Information and Permissions. After this Your Activity off Meta Technologies. Tap on.
- After this, some options will be given, out of which if you select Manage Future Activity and Disconnect Future Activity, then the previous activities will be stopped.
How to stop Facebook from tracking your internet activity
- First of all go to Facebook profile. Then click on the three dots given in the top right corner.
- After this, click on Settings & Go to Privacy and tap on Settings.
- After this go to Your Facebook Information and go to Off-Facebook Activity.
- After this click on Manage Your Off-Facebook Activity. Then tap on Manage Future Activity.
- Now toggle off Future Off-Facebook Activity.