Moong Dal Benefits For Pregnant Women: Many types of pulses are grown in India, such as lentils, arhar, urad, gram etc. Moong is also a famous name in the list of pulses, which you must have eaten many times. Moong Dal is also known as Moong Beans. It is a popular dal, which has been a staple of Indian cuisine for centuries. This pulse is full of nutrition, so it can prove to be a good option for pregnant women. Moong dal contains protein, iron and essential vitamins and minerals. From sprouted moong dal to moong dal khichdi and soup, this superfood can be included in different ways in your food routine during pregnancy.
Why pregnant women should consume moong dal?
1. Rich in Protein: Moong dal is considered a good source of protein. Protein is very important for the growth and development of the child. Consuming protein helps in the formation of new cells and tissues in the body of pregnant women.
2. Rich in iron: Moong dal is also rich in iron. Iron is essential for the production of red blood cells. Iron deficiency during pregnancy can lead to anemia ie lack of blood in the body. Due to its effects, women may feel fatigue, weakness and other health problems.
3. Low fat: Moong dal is low in fat and rich in fiber. This is the reason that it helps in keeping the stomach clean during pregnancy and removing the problem of constipation.
4. Essential vitamins and minerals: Moong dal contains a good amount of essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, folate and magnesium. Folate is essential for the development of the baby’s nervous system. While potassium and magnesium are essential for controlling blood pressure and strengthening bones.
How to include moong dal in your diet during pregnancy?
1. Sprouted Moong Dal: Sprouted Moong Dal is a nutritious diet for pregnant women. It contains protein, iron as well as the presence of many essential vitamins and minerals. You can eat sprouted moong dal by adding it to sandwiches, salads etc.
2. Moong Dal Soup: Moong Dal can also be included in your diet by making soup. It is easy to make and it can also be customized as per your choice. You can also add vegetables like spinach, carrot or tomato etc. to the soup for extra nutrition.
3. Moong Dal Khichdi: Khichdi can also be made from Moong Dal, which is easy to digest and is also a good source of protein and fibre. You can add vegetables like carrots, peas, tomatoes to this khichdi for extra nutrition.
4. Moong Dal Salad: Moong Dal can also be made a part of salad. Moong dal salad is a good option for pregnant women. For extra nutrition, you can include vegetables like tomato, cucumber and carrot in this salad.
Disclaimer: Before following the methods, methods and suggestions mentioned in this article, consult a doctor or concerned Do take expert advice.
Read also: Charcoal: Not only skin, ‘charcoal’ is also beneficial for hair and teeth, know 7 benefits of using it
Get the more latest Lifestyle news updates