Bank Holiday in January 2024: New Year is starting from tomorrow. In such a situation, the Reserve Bank of India has released the list of bank holidays for the convenience of the customers. Bank is an essential part of the lives of common people. In such a situation, if there is a holiday in banks for a long time, then people often have to face big problems. If you also have to complete any important work related to the bank in January, then definitely check the list of holidays here. This will make it easier for you to plan your work.
There will be bank holidays for so many days in January
The Reserve Bank of India has announced this even before the beginning of 2024. The list of holidays for the first month of next year has been released. According to RBI, there will be a total of 16 days of holidays in banks in January due to various festivals, anniversaries and national festivals. RBI releases the list of holidays according to the local festivals and anniversaries of the states. There will be 16 days holiday in banks in many states in January due to Lohri, Makar Sankranti, Republic Day etc. Along with this, the bank will remain closed on second and fourth Saturday and every Sunday also. Here we are giving you information about the list of holidays according to the states.
How to handle work when banks are closed
Banks will be closed in January 2024. I am going to have a long vacation. In such a situation, common people can use ATM for cash withdrawal. To transfer money from one account to another, you can use net banking and mobile banking or UPI.
See the list of state-wise holidays in January 2024 –
- January 01, 2024-Banks will remain closed in Aizawl, Chennai, Gangtok, Ifal, Itanagar, Kohima and Shillong on the occasion of New Year.
- 02 January, 2024-Banks will remain closed in Aizawl due to New Year.
- 07 January, 2024- Whole country on Sunday. Banks will remain closed in Aizawl.
- January 11, 2024-There will be a holiday in Aizawl on Missionary Day.
- January 13, 2024- > Banks will remain closed due to it being the second Saturday.
- January 14, 2024- Due to Sunday, banks will remain closed across the country.
- 15 January, 2024-There will be a holiday in banks in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahati and Hyderabad due to Pongal/Thiruvalluvar Day/Makar Sankranti/Magh Bihu.
- January 16, 2024- There will be a bank holiday in Chennai due to Thiruvalluvar Day.
- January 17, 2024-Banks will remain closed in Chennai due to Uzhavar Thirunal.
- January 21, 2024-Banks will remain closed due to Sunday.
- January 22, 2024-Banks will remain closed in Imphal due to Imoinu Irapta.
- January 23, 2024-Banks will remain closed in Imphal due to singing and dancing.
- January 25, 2024-Thai Posham/ There will be a bank holiday in Chennai, Kanpur and Lucknow due to the birthday of Hazrat Mohammad Ali.
- January 26, 2024- Banks will remain closed across the country due to Republic Day.
- January 27, 2024- Banks will remain closed across the country due to the fourth Saturday.
< li>January 28, 2024-Banks will remain closed across the country due to Sunday holiday.
Also read- p>
Get more latest business news updates