Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2023-24 Series: Series III of the Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme (SBG) has opened for investment. You can buy it till December 22, 2023. There has been a tremendous rise in gold prices in recent times. In such a situation, investors are getting huge profits by investing money in gold. The Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme is issued by the Reserve Bank of India and it is This is the third series of the year 2023-24. If a person invests in it online then he is getting the benefit of additional discount of Rs 50 per gram. We are giving you information about the details of this scheme.
Know the special features of Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme-
The Reserve Bank of India released the first installment of the Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme in November 2015. Through this scheme, customers get an opportunity to buy gold cheaply. Investments in Series III can be made between 18 and 22 December. RBI has fixed its issue price at the rate of Rs 6199 per gram. By investing in SBG scheme through online mode, you can get an additional discount of Rs 50 per gram. In this year, a person can buy from 1 gram to 4 kg of gold under Sovereign Gold Bond. Whereas trusts and institutions can buy up to 20 kg of gold in a year.
How much interest rate is available
By investing in SGB, you get the benefit of interest rate of 2.50 percent every year. This interest is given on half yearly basis. The special thing about the scheme is that you can invest money in it for a total of eight years, but you get a chance to exit the scheme after five years.
How to buy gold bonds through net banking
1. Login to the net banking of banks like HDFC Bank, PNB, Canara Bank, ICICI Bank etc.
2. By going to the e-service of the bank, go to Sovereign Select the Gold Bond Scheme.
3. Next select the term and condition and choose the Proceed option.
4. Next you will get registration. A form will open which you need to fill.
5. Next choose between NSDL and CDSL where you have your Demat account.
6. Next Submit Click on.
7. Next enter the quantity of gold and nominee details.
8. Click on submit option.< br />9. Next you will receive OTP on the registered mobile number, enter it here. Then the process of purchasing SGB will be completed.
You can invest in Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme in these ways
Apart from commercial banks, you can invest in Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme through recognized stock exchanges NSE, BSE, Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited and Post Office. RBI has also announced its fourth installment. The next Series IV of Sovereign Gold Bond will open in February between 12-16 February 2024.
Read this also-
Get more latest business news updates