New Delhi: Rules were broken to welcome Narendra Modi. After sunset he was welcomed in Papua New Guinea. Not only that. As Modi got off the plane, Papua New Guinea Prime Minister James Marape went to bow to him as per the Indian Reformation by touching his feet. It also went viral. This time Papua New Guinea gave the highest civilian honor to the Prime Minister of India.
Governor General Sir Bob Dadae (Sir Bob Dadae) conferred Modi with the Companion of the order of Logohu. The honor is given for uniting the Pacific Island countries and delivering the Global South message. The honor was earlier given to former US President Bill Clinton.
Humbled by the gesture of Papua New Guinea of conferring me with the Companion of the Order of Logohu. Gratitude to Governor General Sir Bob Dade for presenting the award. This is a great recognition of India and the achievements of our people. pic.twitter.com/VDhqTJK6Ra
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 22, 2023
Not just Papua New Guinea, Fiji has given their highest honor to Narendra Modi. The Prime Minister of the Republic of Fiji, Sitiveni Rabuka, awarded Modi with the Companion of the Order of Fiji. Modi tweeted about India’s relationship with Fiji. The Prime Minister tweeted, ‘We look forward to further strengthening the relationship between the two countries in the future.’
Many countries have also conferred their official honors on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
1. Order of Abdulaziz Al Saud – This is Saudi Arabia’s highest honor for non-Muslims (2016)
2. State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan- This is Afghanistan’s highest civilian honor (2016)
3. Grand Collar of the STate of Palestine Award – Palestine’s highest honor given to foreign nationals (2018)
4. Order of Zayed – This is the highest civilian honor of the United Arab Emirates (2019)
5. Order of St. Andrew Award- This is Russia’s highest civilian honor- (2019)
6. Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izuddin – This is the highest honor of Maldives given to foreign nationals – (2019)
7. King Hamad Order of Renesas (First Class) – This is Bahrain’s highest civilian honor (2019)
8. Legion of Merit by the US Government (2020)
9. Order of the Druk Galpo. It is Bhutan’s highest civilian honor. (December, 2021)
Also, Narendra Modi has been honored at various times by several other international organizations or platforms.
Read more: Blue, Orange or White? Which passport is yours? Why so many?