WhatsApp: WhatsApp is the most popular messaging platform in the world. With over two billion monthly users, it is quite possible that anyone you want to reach is on WhatsApp. However, despite its popularity, it lacks one key feature – the ability to send messages without adding a number to the phonebook as a contact. Today we will take a look at few ways to start WhatsApp chat without adding phone number as contact:-
These are the ways
was of WhatsApp .me short links can be used to start a WhatsApp chat without saving any contact. The same short link API is also used by apps like WhatsApp or Click to Chat to launch a new chat. Even on an iPhone it is possible to create a shortcut that uses the API to start a chat.
At first glance, it may seem that there is no way to start a chat in WhatsApp without saving a number Is. However, what actually exists is a method that is probably designed for integration into websites and apps. WhatsApp’s Click to Chat feature uses the wa.me shortcut link to start a chat with any active WhatsApp account.
To use the function, just go to your browser and type https://wa.me/phonenumber. The phone number field must also include the country and area code, but no modifiers such as + or – or 00. For example, if you’re in India, the syntax would be https://wa.me/919911223344.
Tap on Enter and WhatsApp will take you to a website with a green message button. Tapping this button will drop you into the chat.
You can also use the app
If the above process seems too complicated, many Apps exist that use similar functionality, but make it much quicker and easier to start a WhatsApp chat without adding a contact to the phonebook.
WhatsDirect is an app where you can enter a phone number and chat message. can. Tap Send, and it’ll drop you into the main messaging app. The app does not require any permissions, but ads are displayed in the interface. An alternative option is Click to chat which does exactly the same thing, but drops the ads.
How to on iPhone
The first way to use the wa.me link in the browser works fine on the iPhone as well. There is a better way to chat on WhatsApp without saving contact numbers on iOS. The Shortcuts app lets you input a phone number and set up a quick access way to chat instantly.
- Go to the Shortcuts app and create a new shortcut.
- After the first action For, ‘add action’ Tap on ‘Ask for Input’ Search for.
- Once selected, tap on the Action field and set it to ask for a number.
- This is called the ‘Easy-to-remember assign label’ ; Assign.
- Now add another action. For the second action, you need to set it as a variable. In the first field, type the same label as above.
- In this case, it will be called a phone number. In the second field, select Provided input. This will ensure that the phone number, once added, will be assigned to the specific field.
- For the third action, select the url option. In the url field, enter http://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=91 and follow it with the above variable. In this case, it will be the variable called the phone number. Don’t forget to replace 91 in the URL field with your country’s dialing code.
- Finally, the fourth action is to launch the browser with the URL.
- You can now place the shortcut on the home screen You can add it, launch it from Spotlight Search, or even use Siri to launch a chat without adding a contact.
Whether the contact number is saved Can someone call on WhatsApp without?
- Not directly. However, you can start a chat with no save number and then make a phone call using the phone icon within the chat.