Whatsapp Reaction Feature: Meta’s instant messaging platform WhatsApp has recently started receiving in-chat message reactions for personal and group chats. This feature is similar to what we’ve seen with Facebook, Messenger and Instagram, where users can simply react using pre-defined emoji.
So, if you want to try out the new message reaction feature on WhatsApp, here are the steps you need to follow.
Note, that this feature is currently rolling out step by step and WhatsApp has already confirmed that the complete rollout will take around a week. So, if this feature is not available to you, you will have to wait a little longer.
Also, currently, WhatsApp only allows users to reply – Thums Up, Red Heart, Laugh with Tears etc.
Use the React feature like this
- First of all check that your phone should have the latest version of WhatsApp. If there is an older version, then first update it by going to Google Play Store.
- Now select a personal or group chat.
- Now tap on a message in the chat and 2 Hold for -3 seconds. This applies to both send and receive messages.
- You will now get a popup with several emojis.
- Now tap on the emoji you want to react Want to use for.