What is eSIM: Apple has completely eliminated the SIM card slot in the US models of the iPhone 14 series. iPhone 14 customers in India and other countries will get SIM card slot. Apple introduced Apple Watch 3 LTE with e-SIM support in 2018. Later, e-SIM support has also been given in iPhones. Now users are being given the option to use a physical SIM card and another e-SIM, to take advantage of the convenience of dual SIM smartphones.
E-SIM has been present in India for a long time. Jio, Airtel and Vodafone Idea already offer e-SIM service for iPhones. E SIM is not a thing in India, but most of the smartphone users do not know how to use E SIM. Not all iPhone users in India turn on the e-SIM service. So let us know what is E-SIM Card.
What is E-SIM
E-SIM stands for Embedded-Subscriber Identity Module. It is embedded in a device and is basically a virtual SIM card which is activated only on a support device. The concept of e-SIM is similar to the internal memory of your smartphone. You cannot remove internet memory. For e-SIM, subscriber identity module or SIM card data is transferred digitally by operators like Jio, Airtel or Vi.
Anything to do with e-SIM providing better internet speed or better cellular reception -Do not give. This is simply a digital copy of your SIM card. Once the e-SIM is introduced, your physical SIM card stops working. It is impossible to physically replace the E-SIM like a traditional SIM. If you want to swap e-SIM, then you have to contact your telecom operator. You cannot tweak or share an eSIM with another phone.
What are the disadvantages of eSIM
With eSIM, You will miss out on the physical control of your SIM card. Actually, you will be glued to the phone. Also, if your phone breaks down or the display stops working, you cannot remove the SIM card.
What is the advantage of eSIM< /p>
The biggest advantage of this is that if your phone is stolen, no one else will be able to insert their SIM card and own your device.
iPHONE 13 More How to Activate Airtel eSIM on Other iPhones
- In order to activate Airtel eSIM on your device or convert your physical SIM card to eSIM, in a message to you "e sim registered email id" and send it to 121.
- If your email id is valid, Airtel will send an SMS to 121 for confirmation.
- Confirmation of e-SIM request for within 60 seconds "1" Reply in writing.
- If your email id is invalid Airtel will support and restart the e-SIM activation process for the users.
- a Once your e-SIM request is confirmed, the Airtel team will call you on the telephone for final consent and to provide details about the QR code.
- After the confirmation process, the user will get an official QR code on their email ID. E-SIM will be activated two hours after user scans the QR code.
Activate Airtel E-SIM on iPhone 14
- To scan the QR code received by the company over email, go to your device’s settings and connect to the WiFi network.
- After connecting to the WiFi network, click on the mobile network and Go to Advanced Options.
- Click on Add Carrier in Advanced Settings and Scan the QR Code.
- Once the code is scanned, click on the Download button and complete the process .
Get the more news updates on Tech