The videos appearing on the social media site Facebook and its app play automatically. Such videos play as soon as the page is loaded, or while scrolling on the app. In this way, the experience of users on the app and platform is better. However, not all users will like the autoplay feature and it also has some disadvantages. Due to this, data also costs more and many times videos are played which the user does not want to watch. If you want to turn off autoplay, this can be done by following easy steps.
On facebook website
If you use Facebook on a web browser and want to turn off the autoplay videos feature then follow these steps,
First go to the drop-down menu that appears in the top right of the page.
– Then click on Settings and Privacy and select Settings in it.
After this, click on ‘Videos’ from the left-hand menu and here in the options toggle you will be able to turn off the video autoplay.
on iOS app
– Open the Facebook app and tap on the menu button shown at the bottom of the screen.
– Then tap Settings and Privacy and then choose Settings.
– Now you will get the option of Media and Contacts by scrolling and have to tap on ‘Videos and Photos’ here.
– Now you can turn off the Autoplay option shown here.
On android app
Tap on the Facebook app and tap on the menu button which appears in the top right of the screen.
– Here Settings and Privacy will be visible, after tapping on which you will have to go to Settings.
– You have to tap on ‘Media and Contacts’ after scrolling down.
– After you tap on AutoPlay, you have to select Never Autoplay videos.