In a tweet last week, UIDAI wrote that ‘If you have any doubts about whether your proper cell phone number or email is linked with Aadhaar or not, you can check it using this link’.
To protect themselves from scammers, UIDAI has advised Aadhaar holders to keep their cell numbers updated at all times. If anyone is not fully aware of linking with their mobile number then they can use this website myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile to verify it.
Aadhaar Verify: How to Verify Mobile Number-Email ID
- If any Aadhar card holder has any doubts regarding the mobile number or e-mail address linked with his 12 digit number, he can use the UIDAI portal to check the same. For this you can follow this step by step process.
- Login to the website myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile.
- There are two options available ‘Verify Mobile Number’ and ‘Verify Email Address’. Select based on your needs.
- You have to enter the Aadhar number initially.
- Enter your mobile number or e-mail address as per Step B.
- Fill the captcha correctly and select the option ‘Send OTP’.
- If the OTP is sent to the appropriate email address or cell number, it shows that the information linked to your Aadhaar number is correct and that your phone number or email address is linked to it.
- To protect yourself from Aadhaar Fraud, just follow these 5 simple steps and always remember the guidance of UIDAI.