Before transferring chat from Android to iOS, you need to check that iPhone is running on iOS 15.5. At the same time, your Android smartphone needs to be running at least Android 5.0 and the Move to iOS app should be installed.
WhatsApp on iPhone also needs to be updated to version 188.8.131.52 or above. WhatsApp on Android needs to be updated to 184.108.40.206 or higher. Both devices must be connected to the same WiFi network and connected to a power source in order to fix WhatsApp chat transfer.
Now that all the requirements are met, here is how you can transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone:
You have to open the Move to iOS app on your Android smartphone and follow the on-screen prompts.
Now a code will appear on your iPhone. When prompted, enter the code on your Android phone.
Now tap on Continue and follow the on-screen message.
Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen.
Then tap “Start” on your Android phone and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. After the data is ready, you will be signed out from your Android smartphone.
Once back to the Move to iOS app, tap Next.
- Tap Continue to transfer data from your Android smartphone to your iPhone. Wait for Move to iOS to confirm when the transfer is complete.
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Open WhatsApp and login using the same phone number you use on your Android smartphone.
- When prompted, tap on Start and let the process complete.
- Complete the activation setup of your new device and you will see WhatsApp chats on your iPhone.
Get the more tech tips updates