Sim Card Port: Reliance Jio and Airtel have reached many Indian cities with their 5G services. Both the telecom giants want to give their customers the benefit of top speed and 5th generation network. He says that within two years there are plans to roll out 5G across India. However, India’s third largest telecom operator Vodafone Idea (Vi) is lagging behind in this race. Vodafone Idea has not announced any date for the launch of its 5G services. At the same time, if reports are to be believed, there may be a slight delay in the 5G launch of the company due to funding issues. In such a situation, if you are a Vi user and want to use 5G services then you can wait a bit. Another way is that you can port your sim to Jio and Airtel.
Vi users can easily switch from Vodafone to Jio or Airtel keeping their mobile number same. Mobile Number Portability (MNP) of Vi SIM is available on all networks. Its process is online and quite easy. However, porting numbers within the same telecom operator takes around 3 days for validation while porting to different operators will take up to 5 days. Let us know in detail how to port your existing Vi SIM to Jio or Airtel.
How to port Vodafone Idea SIM to Jio?
- PORT <10-digit mobile number from your existing mobile number> Send SMS to 1900.
- You will receive an SMS from Vodafone Idea network regarding UPC (Unique Porting Code) and its expiry date.
- Subsequently, the UPC (Unique Porting Code) received Porting Code) visit your nearest Jio Store or Jio Retailer.
- You need to carry your Aadhaar card or original proof of address / proof of identity document for making the MNP request.
- The activation will be completed within 5 working days and you will get a new Jio SIM with your old Vodafone Idea number.< /li>
< li>After submitting the documents, Jio executive will proceed with your porting process.
How to port Vodafone Idea SIM to Airtel?
- Visit your nearest Airtel store after sending SMS to 1900 and receiving UPC (Unique Porting Code).
- Airtel support executive will help you to complete the activation process further.
- After document verification, pay the minimum porting charges and you will get a new Airtel SIM card.
- The new SIM will be activated in 5 days.
< p style ="text-align: justify;">Note: Users need to pay all dues with Vodafone Idea if you are using postpaid service before porting process.
Get the more news updates on Tech