- Amazon Clearance Store – Get up to 80% off on best selling home & kitchen appliances |
If you have PAN card then there is an important news for you. You must be aware that all citizens will have to link their Aadhaar card with PAN card by 31 March 2023. The government has made it mandatory for all the people having PAN card to link their PAN card with their Aadhaar card within this time limit. If you have not yet linked PAN-Aadhaar, then you should do this work today itself. After the completion of the deadline, the PAN cards will become inactive from 1 April 2023. If you have not yet linked PAN-Aadhaar, you will have to pay a fine of Rs 1,000. Before your PAN card is closed, link it immediately.
How to link PAN-Aadhaar:
If you have not yet linked PAN card and Aadhaar card, then you have to follow the steps given below.
- First of all you have to go to https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/.
- Then you have to go to the Quick Links section and click on Link Aadhaar.
- Then go to the second page and enter your name, mobile number and PAN card details.
- Then you have to check mark on I validate my Aadhaar Details.
- Then click on Continue.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter it. Then click on Validate.
- Then pay the penalty. Then your PAN-Aadhaar will be linked.
How much penalty will have to be paid:
Those who linked PAN-Aadhaar between April 1, 2022 and June 30, 2022 will have to pay a fine of Rs 500. Subsequently, the IT department had extended the last date for linking PAN-Aadhaar to March 31, 2023. PAN holders linking PAN-Aadhaar between July 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023 will have to pay a fine of Rs 1,000. PAN card will become inactive from 01 April 2023 if PAN holders do not link it with their Aadhaar card.
Get the more latest Tech tips news updates