Ranji Trophy 2022 Top Performers: Ranji Trophy 2022 is now at its last stop. The final match of this season will start from June 22. This match will be played between Madhya Pradesh and Mumbai (MP vs MUM). Some players have played a very important role in taking these teams to the finals. These are the players who would have definitely caught the attention of the national selectors through their performances. However, apart from the players of these two teams, there are some players who have performed well in this season of Ranji. So read on and know the top performers of this Ranji season who can knock on the door of Team India in the coming times..
1. Sarfaraz Khan: This Mumbai middle order batsman scored 803 runs in 7 innings of 5 matches of Ranji Trophy 2022 while remaining unbeaten once. During this his batting average was 133.83. He scored three centuries and two half-centuries. He is the lead scorer of this season. Sarfaraz must have definitely come in the eyes of the national selectors with this wonderful performance. He did a similar performance in the last Ranji Trophy as well.
2. Rajat Patidar: Rajat Patidar of Madhya Pradesh has scored the most runs for his team this Ranji season. Rajat scored 506 runs in 7 innings of 5 matches. His batting average was 72.28. He has scored 5 fifties and 1 century this season. Silver’s performance in IPL 2022 was also excellent. In such a situation, silver is seen as a contender for making a place in Team India in the coming times.
3. Yash Dhul: This Under-19 player of Delhi scored 479 runs in just 3 matches. During this, Yash’s batting average was 119.75. He scored a total of three centuries, including a double century. Yash has also given the Under-19 World Cup trophy to the Indian team under his captaincy this year. He can definitely be a part of the Indian Test team in future.
4. Shahbaz Ahmed: This all-rounder of Bengal scored 482 runs at a batting average of 60 in this Ranji season and also took 20 wickets at an excellent bowling average of 22.10. Due to his all-rounder performance, Bengal traveled to the semi-finals. Shahbad has also made headlines for his all-rounder performance in IPL 2022. He can play the role of a strong all-rounder for Team India in the coming times.
5. Shams Mulani: This Mumbai all-rounder is the highest wicket-taker in the Ranji Trophy 2022. Mulani has taken 37 wickets at a bowling average of 14.59. Along with this, he also scored 292 runs at a batting average of 48.66. In future, this player can become a substitute for Ashwin and Jadeja in the Indian Test team.
6. Kumar Karthikeya: Madhya Pradesh fast bowler Kumar Karthikeya is the second highest wicket-taker of this season. Karthikeya has taken 27 wickets at a bowling average of 16.33. He has also given an example of excellent bowling for Mumbai Indians in IPL 2022. Overall, the Indian team now has the option of another good fast bowler.
7. Yashasvi Jaiswal: This Mumbai opener scored 419 runs in just 2 matches in the Ranji Trophy 2022. He scored runs at an average of 104.75. Yashasvi scored 3 centuries during this period. He has also played match-winning innings many times for Rajasthan Royals in IPL. These could be the stars of the future.
Get the latest sports news updates