Boycott threatens by cricketers, Australia’s leader says – Indians don’t come if they don’t follow the rules

Highlights:

  • The fourth match of the Test series between India and Australia is to be played in Brisbane
  • Indian media has threatened to boycott claims, report published in Australian media
  • Unhappy with the prospect of the visiting team going back to Brisbane for the fourth Test in strict quarantine
  • Rose Bates said – If Indian players do not want to follow the rules, then they are not welcome

new Delhi
The fourth match of the Test series between India and Australia is to be played in Brisbane but the visiting team players are unhappy about the possibility of going back to strict quarantine. Meanwhile, Queensland Assembly member Rose Bates has said that Indians are not welcome if they do not want to follow the rules.

The schedule of the Test series again appeared to be under threat following reports on Sunday that the visiting team players were unhappy at the prospect of going back to Brisbane for the fourth Test in strict quarantine.

Read, Natarajan got a chance in Test team, where is ‘King of Swing’ Bhubaneswar?

Reports published in Australian media quoted sources as saying that the Indian players have again opposed going into the strict quarantine. The players say that they have been facing quarantine continuously for the last six months. A spokesman for the Indian team did not respond to a comment on these reports.

See, 5 players, including Rohit, suffered heavy loss in the restaurant, quarantine done

Meanwhile, Rose Bates said, “Look, if Indians don’t want to live with the rules, they won’t be welcomed in any way.” He also released his statement on social media.

Read, Indian players threaten Boycott when going into tight isolation, question mark on fourth test

Queensland Sports Minister Tim Mander also said that the same rules apply to everyone. He also said that Indians have no right to break the quarantine rules. He said, “If Indian players in Brisbane do not want to follow the rules, then I think they should not come.”


The Indian players had been in isolation for 14 days after arriving in Australia. He was given some freedom while preparing for matches in Adelaide, Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne.

Cricket Australia has decided not to move the match in view of the growing Kovid-19 cases on the city’s northern beaches. On Monday, players from both teams will leave for New South Wales. On Sunday, eight new cases of this deadly virus were reported in New South Wales.

Queensland have closed their border with New South Wales, although an agreement has been reached to allow the players to fly to Brisbane for the fourth Test on 15 January.

A source in the Indian team told Cricbuzz, ‘We understand what kind of difficulties there are. Cricket Australia and we have cooperated at every step in following the bio bubble protocol and following the rules, but we should also look like the Australian citizen in terms of sanctions. ‘

Rohit started preparations for ‘Mission Australia’, shot like this

After playing the third Test match in Sydney, the team players will leave for Brisbane, to see what level of restrictions they will face. There are still some travel restrictions and five Indian players were placed in isolation on Saturday when they were seen eating inside a Melbourne restaurant in a video.

The Australian and Indian Cricket Boards are investigating alleged violations of the Biosafety Protocol. The acting head of the state of New South Wales, John Barillaro, told reporters on Sunday that the government was focusing on conducting the third test safely in front of 20,000 fans.


The third Test match of the four-match series will start at the Sydney Cricket Ground from Thursday. The first Test of the series (in day-night format) was played in Adelaide while the second Test was played in Melbourne. Both teams have won 1–1 matches so far in the series. (Input from agency)