Vat Savitri Vrat 2023 Puja: Vat Savitri Vrat will be observed on May 19, 2023 for unbroken good fortune. On this day, the married women worship and circumambulate the banyan tree by fasting for fruit or waterless fasting from sunrise for the long life of their husband and a happy household."text-align: justify;"> It is believed that by worshiping and donating banyan tree in Vat Savitri Vrat, Yamraj and Tridev give boon to the Vrati to remain beautiful. Women also observe this fast with the desire to have a son. Vat Savitri fast is observed on Jyestha Amavasya in North India including UP, Bihar, Jharkhand, Delhi, Rajasthan. Let’s know the worship time, method, mantra and story of Vat Savitri fast.
Vat Savitri Vrat 2023 Muhurat (Vat Savitri Vrat 2023 Muhurat)
Jyeshtha Amavasya date starts – May 18, 2023, 09.42 night
Jyeshtha Amavasya date ends – May 19, 2023, 09.22 night
- Variable – General – 05:28 to 07:11
- Profit – Advancement – 07:11 to 08:53
- Shubh- Uttam – 12:18 to 14:00
Vat Savitri Vrat Puja Vidhi
- On the day of Vat Savitri fast, fortunate women worship the Vat tree and Yamdev to protect their husband. On this day take a vow of fasting after taking a bath before sunrise.
- One day before Vat Savitri fast, keep black gram soaked in water. Soaked rice is definitely offered in this worship, because Yamraj had given Satyavan’s life to Savitri in the form of gram.
- Now put Saptadhan in a bamboo basket under the Vat tree after sixteen adornments and keep the picture of Savitri and Satyavan in the second basket. If you want, you can worship them mentally too.
- Irrigate the banyan tree with water and raw milk. Brahmana Sahinta Devi Savitri Lokmataram. Satyavrataṁ ca Savitriṁ yam chavahayamyaham.. Invoke Goddess Savitri and the Tridev while chanting this mantra.
- Offer kumkum, turmeric, akshat, vermilion, soaked gram, fruits, sweets, red cloth and light a lamp of incense and ghee Haridrakudkum chaav sindooran kajjalanvitam. सौभाग्यद्रव्यसंयुक्तं सवित्री प्रतिग्रह्रताम्. Chant this mantra.
- Now wrap raw yarn or Raksha Sutra on the trunk of the banyan tree and circumambulate it 108 times. You can also do 7 or 11 parikramas. Listen to the story of Vat Savitri Vrat.
- Now donate Suhaag ingredients and fruits to 11 married women.
Rules of Vat Savitri Vrat Niyam
- Vat Savitri fast is dedicated to Suhag, so on this day husband and wife should not argue with each other. This does not give the fruit of fasting.
- Worship of Vat Savitri Vrat gives fruits only when the Vrat keeps purity from body and mind. Observe celibacy on this day.
- Do not bring wrong thoughts in your mind towards any woman, elderly, poor. Don’t cheat others.
- Vrati should not wear black, blue or white cotton clothes even by mistake. Wear red, yellow and green clothes.
- Vat Savitri Vrat should be observed only after eating soaked gram or banyan tree saplings used in worship. Don’t eat tamasic food even by mistake on the day of fasting.
Vat Savitri Vrat Katha
Madradesh was ruled by a pious king named Ashwapati, he did not have children, but after some time he got a girl child. Whose name was Savitri. On being eligible for marriage, Savitri chose Satyavan as her husband. After the marriage, it is learned that Satyavan is short-lived and will die within a year, but Savitri remains adamant about her married life.
Satyavan died in Savitri’s lap
On the day that Narad ji told of death, on that day Savitri went to the forest with Satyavan. As soon as Satyavan climbed a tree to cut wood in the forest, he had unbearable pain in his head. He lay down keeping his head on Savitri’s lap. After a while Yamraj was standing in front of Savitri with the messengers. Yamraj took Satyavan’s life and went towards the south. Seeing Savitri coming back, Yamraj said, ‘ O chaste woman, you have supported your husband as far as a man can support. Now you go back but Savitri said that wherever my dear ones go, I will go with them
Given life under banyan tree
Vat Savitri Vrat 2023: Special coincidence is being made on Vat Savitri Vrat after 30 years, silver will be cut for these zodiac signs
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on beliefs and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not confirm any kind of recognition, information. Before acting on any information or belief, seek relevant expert advice.
Get the more latest Lifestyle news updates