Sheetala Ashtami 2023: The fast of Sheetala Ashtami will be observed on March 15, 2023. This day is dedicated to Mother Sheetal, who is in the form of Parvati, the consort of Lord Shiva. Sheetal Mata is called the goddess of health. Smallpox, measles Sheetala ashtami 2023 rules for those who worship Goddess Sheetla on Ashtami of the Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month i.e. Sheetla Ashtami or Basoda.
Sheetala Ashtami 2023 Muhurat
Chaitra Krishna Sheetla Ashtami date starts – March 14, 2023, 08.22 night
Chaitra Krishna Sheetla Ashtami date ends – March 15, 2023, 06.45 pm
Worship time of Sheetla Mata – Morning 06.30 – Evening 06.29
Puja duration – 12 hours
Sheetala Ashtami Puja Samagri
- Roli, Kumkum, Mehndi, Haldi, Akshat, Molly, Clothing, Dakshina, Flowers
- Curd, cold milk, Holi balls, Kalash filled with water, Ghee, Flour lamp, Vrat Katha Book of
- Prasad (made at night a day before the fast)- Sweet Rice (Olia), Churma, Magad, Khaja, Namak Pare, Shakkar Pare, Besan Chakki, Pue, Pakori, Rabri, Bajra Roti, Puri, Kandavare, Chane Dal
Sheetala Ashtami Puja Vidhi
- Prepare prasad on Sheetla Ashtami a day before i.e. on the night of Saptami. For this, first clean the stove thoroughly. Make bhog after bath.
- Take a bath with cold water early in the morning on Ashtami and then offer water to the idol in Sheetla Mata’s temple.
- Roli, Mehend, Haldi, Akshat Offer Kalava. During this chant this mantra – Vandeham Sheetalan Devi Rasabhasthan Digambaram. Marjanikalshopetaan shurpaladkritmastakam.
- Now put ghee and cotton wick in the flour lamp and place it in front of the idol of the mother. Take care not to light the lamp.
- Offer stale halwa, puri, bajra roti, pue, rabri, etc.
- Recite Sheetlashtak stotra and then fast on Sheetla Ashtami. Listen to the story.
- At the end, offer water back, put some of the flowing water in the pot. This water is holy. Apply this on the eyes of all the members of the house. Sprinkle in every corner of the house for purification.
- Now worship the place where Holika Dahan took place. Offer some water, offer worship material.
- Now wet turmeric and apply it on the hand and print it on the main door of the house or on the wall of the kitchen. Apply kumkum and rice on it
- The family members should accept the dishes which are offered as Prasad. Some neem leaves are also eaten along with Prasad on this day. It cures diseases
Sheetala Ashtami fasting rules
- The stove is not lit on the day of Sheetla Ashtami. Cold and stale food is eaten on this day.
- According to beliefs, on the day of Sheetla Ashtami one should not thread a needle or sew.
- New clothes should be worn on the day of Sheetla Ashtami. Or don’t wear black clothes.
- Don’t offer fresh food to Mother Sheetla at all.
Hindu Nav Varsh 2023: Do these 5 easy measures on the first day of Hindu New Year, the vault will remain full throughout the year
Get the more latest Lifestyle news updates