Holi Bhai Dooj 2023: Bhai Dooj is celebrated twice a year in Hinduism. It is also called Bhatri Dwitiya. First in the month of Kartik and second on the second date of Krishna Paksha of Chaitra month. The festival of Bhai Dooj is a symbol of the unbreakable bond between brother and sister. In which affection, respect, nok-jhok are all included. The very next day of Holi i.e. Dhulendi Sisters apply tilak to their brother in auspicious time and wish him a long life.
It is believed that on the day of Bhai Dooj, the one who goes to the brother’s sister’s house and takes food and gets Tilak done, he does not face the fear of premature death. Today, on March 9, 2023, is the festival of Bhai Dooj. On this day Tilak can be done in any auspicious time except Rahukaal. Let’s know the auspicious time and method of applying Tilak to brother.
Holi Bhai Dooj 2023 Muhurat
Chaitra month Krishna Paksha second date starts – March 8, 2023, 07:42 pm
Chaitra month Krishna Paksha second date ends – 09 March 2023, 08.54 pm
- Afternoon Muhurta – 12:31 PM – 02.00 PM (9 March 2023)
- Abhijit Muhurta – 11:55 AM – 12:42 PM
- Hasta Nakshatra – 9 March 2023, 4:20 am – March 10, 2023, 5:57 am
- Rahukal – 2 pm – 3:29
Bhai Dooj Puja vidhi method
- On the day of Bhai Duj, sisters light a lamp of ghee in front of Lord Vishnu after bath and then invite their brother for food.
- Sisters prepare a dish for their brother with pure ghee with their own hands. Now put saffron in red sandalwood or kumkum in the puja plate and prepare Tilak. Also keep Molly, Akshat, Deepak, sweets, betel nut or dry shell etc. in the plate.
- First of all, do Tilak to Lord Ganesha and Vishnu. Fill the square of rice and make the brother sit on the wooden platform facing north. Put a handkerchief or any clean cloth on the brother’s head.
- Sisters cover their head and apply tilak to their brother, apply rice on it, tie molly on their hands and then perform aarti after offering sweets.
- After this, the sisters give coconut in the hands of the brother and then feed the brother. Give something as a gift while touching the feet of brother and sister.
- Many people worship on this day according to belief. In many places, sisters apply rice solution on the palm of the brother during worship. Putting vermilion on it, she puts pumpkin flowers, betel leaves, betel nut etc. on her hands and gives it to her brother.
Mantra for applying Tilak
Keshwanant Govind Barah Purushottam.
Punyam yashasyamayushyam tilakam me prasidatu..
Kanti Lakshmi Dhritim Saukhyam Saubhagyamtulam Balam.
Dadatu Chandanam Nityam Saatam Dharayamyaham.
Chaitra Navratri 2023: Offer this one thing to Maa Durga on the first day of Chaitra Navratri, troubles will vanish, troubles will go away
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on beliefs and information only. It is necessary to mention here that ABPLive.com does not confirm any kind of recognition, information. Before acting on any information or belief, seek relevant expert advice.
Get the more latest Lifestyle news updates