It is necessary to eat fruits and vegetables every day. But it is important to clean them before eating. Many put it in water and dip it like this and take it like that. Health experts suggest that by doing so, there is a possibility of catching diseases quickly. It is warned that eating them without cleaning them properly increases the risk of infection. There is a possibility that fruits or vegetables may get some contaminants during the time they are grown in the field, harvested, stored, and transported. They may also undergo extreme chemical changes due to exposure to contaminated soil, water, or processing and packaging. So it is necessary to clean them properly before eating them.
Usually they are sold in markets. Hygiene in the markets is of low standards. Poor sanitation can lead to gastrointestinal disorders. Microorganisms on fruits and vegetables that are not washed properly can enter our stomach and cause infection. So nutritionists explain what precautions should be taken before eating or cooking them.
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before picking fruit or vegetables.
2. If the fruit or vegetable can be peeled, it is better to eat it.
3. Place greens or flowers in a large bowl of cold water and soak for two minutes. It is very important to wash the greens by hand after soaking.
4. Delicate fruits like strawberries need to be soaked in cold water for a while and wiped with a clean towel.
5. Vegetable brushes are available in the market. Rubbing them on fruits can also remove contaminants.
6. Also wash the mushrooms in cold water. Then they should be wiped with a clean cloth.
It is not good to use soap or detergent to wash things like fruits and vegetables. Because they contain harmful chemicals. Vegetable washes and product washes are also available in the market. Many people are using these. But using these is also unnecessary. Because only cleaning with water will remove most of the impurities. The use of these washes is wasteful.
Also read: If you prepare sweet lemon powder like this, you can drink instant lemon juice whenever you want
Note: Information collected from various studies, researches and health journals is provided here as usual for your understanding. This information is not a substitute for medical care or treatment. If you have any doubts regarding health, you should definitely consult a doctor. For the items mentioned in this article, “ABP Country”, ‘ABP Network’ Note that no liability is assumed.
Get the more latest posts on Lifestyle