Bharat Gaurav, Swami sivananda Saraswati: Born in Tamil Nadu, Swami Sivananda Saraswati was a famous leader of Sanatana Dharma. He wrote more than 300 books on Yoga, Spirituality, Vedanta, Philosophy and other subjects. Swami Sivananda’s life is an example of simplicity with spirituality. He left medicine and chose the path of spirituality and spent his life in Rishikesh after retirement. Know about the life introduction of Swami Sivananda.
Life Introduction of Swami Sivananda Saraswati
Sivananda Swami became a monk after reading a book
It is said that a monk gave a spiritual book to Sivananda Saraswati. He read this book completely and its effect was that a feeling of disinterest emerged in his mind. However, before this he used to read the literature of Shri Shankaracharya, Swami Ramteerth and Swami Vivekananda and used to do regular worship. But after reading this book suddenly a sense of spiritual practice arose in his mind and he left his job in 1922 and returned to India from Malaya. He kept his belongings at home and went on pilgrimage without entering the house.
How to become Swami Sivananda Saraswati from Kuppu Swami
In Rishikesh, Swami Sivananda did hard spiritual practice. Started doing many sadhnas like sitting in rain and sun, keeping silence, fasting and penance. In 1932, he established the Sivanandashram and in 1936, the Divine Life Society. He wrote about 300 books on spirituality, philosophy and yoga. Swami Sivananda Saraswati took Mahasamadhi on 14 July 1963.
Precious thoughts of Swami Shivanand Saraswati
- If the mind is controlled, it can work miracles. If it is not tamed, it creates endless pain and suffering.
- Put your heart, mind and soul into even the smallest of tasks. That is the secret of success.
- Whatever you are today is the result of your thinking. You are made of your thoughts.
- Never dwell on your past mistakes and failures as it will only fill your mind with sorrow, regret and depression. Just don’t repeat them in future.
- This world is your body. This world is a great school, this world is your silent teacher.
Read also: Bharat Gaurav: Who was Chaitanya Mahaprabhu? What is his religious contribution, started the Harinam Sankirtan movement
Get the more latest Lifestyle news updates