When is Mauni Amavasya 2023: Amavasya date has a lot of importance in Sanatan tradition. The importance of this date, which gives auspicious results for ancestors worship, tarpan and all kinds of spiritual practices, increases when it falls on a Saturday and when this coincidence is associated with Mauni Amavasya, which falls in the month of Magh, it becomes auspicious. The date itself becomes special. According to astrology, the coincidence of Mauni Amavasya is going to happen after 30 years on Saturday. In such a situation, let us know in detail what to do and what not to do to get the virtuous results of worship, chanting-penance-fasting and all kinds of religious and astrological measures done on this day.
Auspicious time of Mauni Amavasya
Beginning of new moon of Magh month: January 21, 2023, Saturday at 06:17 am
Magh month’s Amavasya ends: January 22, 2023, Sunday at 02:22 AM
Do not do this work on Mauni Amavasya
- This year Mauni Amavasya is falling on Saturday, whose lord is Lord Shani himself. In such a situation, to get the reward of this day and to avoid the fault, do not trouble any disabled or weak person even by mistake and if you make work from any worker, then give him proper wages.
- Neither sleep late nor keep your house dirty on the day of Amavasya. Wear dirty clothes even by mistake on the day of Amavasya.
- Neither lie nor speak bad words even by mistake on the day of Amavasya. Try to remain silent for maximum time on this day.
- Follow celibacy on Amavasya day and keep distance from vindictive things like alcohol, meat etc.
- On the day of Amavasya, one should avoid going alone to dark or deserted places like cremation ground etc. It is believed that negative forces remain active on the day of Amavasya, due to which there remains a possibility of harm to the person.
On Mauni Amavasya these things will give good results
- On Mauni Amavasya, to remove sorrow and misfortune and to get happiness and good fortune, a person should get up before sunrise and clean the house and take a bath. After this, water should be offered to Lord Surya and ancestors.
- To get good results on the day of Mauni Amavasya, one should do meditation by remaining silent throughout the day.
- Bathing in the river Ganges on the day of Mauni Amavasya gives special virtuous results. It is believed that keeping silent on this auspicious festival, all the wishes of a person are fulfilled by taking a bath in the river Ganga.
- Along with bathing on the day of Mauni Amavasya, donation is also very important and this importance has increased even more due to the falling of this holy festival on Saturday. In such a situation, things related to Shani like black shoes, black socks, black blanket, black sesame, etc. should be donated to especially needy people on Saturday.
- On the day of Mauni Amavasya, the astrological remedy for Kalsarp Dosha and Shani related Dosha in the horoscope and worshiping the person gets freedom from the troubles associated with it.
(The information given here is based on religious beliefs and public beliefs, there is no scientific evidence for it. It has been presented here keeping in mind the general public interest.)
Get the more information about Astrology