Who owns the land of Qutub Minar? hearing completed; Decision will come after 4 days

Delhi’s Saket Court on Tuesday heard a petition filed by Kunwar Mahendra Dhwaja Prasad Singh, a descendant of Tomar Raja, who claimed ownership of the historic Qutub Minar complex. The court has reserved the order on this petition.

Now the court will pronounce the verdict on September 17 at 4 pm. In this case Dhwaja Pratap Singh, through IA, claimed to be the heir to the United Provinces of Agra and had said that the property of Qutub Minar was with him, so the minaret along with the Quwwat-ul-Islam mosque should be given to him.

The matter is being heard in the court of Additional District Judge Dinesh Kumar at Saket. In fact, the petitioner, Kunwar Mahendra Dhawaj Prasad Singh, has filed a petition claiming to be a descendant of a royal family. The petition states that they have legal rights over the area under South Delhi. He wants to hear the Qutub Minar case.

Dr Subhash C Gupta, representing the Archaeological Survey of India, argued that Singh had not raised the issue of ownership before any court since independence. Hence his claim under the principle of delay stands quashed. The ASI told the court that there was no ground for the application. This is just a propaganda trick. Therefore, this petitioner should be fined. It has wasted the time of the court.

Petitioner said, asking for his land from the government for 60 years

Petitioner Singh, who was present in the court, presented his case before the court saying that he has filed a suit against the government to acquire his property, which is still pending. He also told the court that he is not seeking any such relief except hearing in the matter. Singh claims that he is 78 years old and has been demanding his land from the government for 60 years. He has not lost his right to be king over the property concerned.

Singh claims that 17 hundred illegal colonies have been built on his land. These colonies have been created because of the freedom given to the people by the government to encroachment. It is not possible for a common man to seek relief in a civil court. So he has approached the President to decide his fate and get the compensation paid.

Get the more latest news updates