People interested in the politics of Maharashtra will keep an eye on the rallies to be held in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar. There is a rally of Maha Vikas Aghadi here today. At the same time, the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party along with Eknath Shinde-led Shiv Sena is taking out ‘Savarkar Gaurav Yatra’. Let us tell you that riots and arson took place in the biggest city of Marathwada after Ram Navami. This city was earlier known as Aurangabad.
Let us tell you that Congress party and former MP Rahul Gandhi keep attacking Veer Savarkar continuously. He had recently said after being convicted by the Surat court that he is Gandhi and not Savarkar that he should apologise. This statement of his was fiercely opposed by people belonging to BJP or its ideology.
Highlights of MVA rally and Savarkar Gaurav Yatra:
1. The MVA rally will be held on Sunday evening at the Marathwada Sanskriti Mandal ground. It will be addressed by Shiv Sena (UBT) chief Uddhav Thackeray, senior Nationalist Congress Party leader Ajit Pawar and Maharashtra Congress president Nana Patole.
2. In a video released on Twitter, Shiv Sena (UBT) MLC Ambadas Danve has asked his party workers to assemble peacefully for the rally. He has expressed doubt that an attempt could be made to make two communities fight.
3. BJP’s ‘Savarkar Gaurav Yatra’ will start from the Chowk named after late Hindutva ideologue Vinayak Damodar Savarkar (Veer Savarkar). It is just a kilometer away from where the MVA rally is scheduled to take place.
4. BJP is taking out this march in honor of Veer Savarkar and in protest against the attacks on him by Congress leader Rahul Gandhi. The yatra will cover all the three assembly seats in the city. and will end at Ahilyabai Holkar Chowk.
5. Rioting and arson took place during Ram Navami in Kiradpura area of the city on the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday. One person died and several policemen were injured in this. Several government property including vehicles were damaged during the riots.
6. The Special Investigation Team (SIT) constituted by Sambhaji Nagar Police Commissioner Nikhil Gupta arrested four more accused in the riot case – Imran Khan Bismillah Khan, Syed Kalim Syed Salim, Karim Salim Shaikh and Anwar Khan Kader Khan. Presented them before the court. The court sent him to police custody till April 3. A total of 12 people have been arrested in the case.
Get the more latest news updates