Russian missile attack on civilian convoy in Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhya city, at least 30 killed

Russia’s ‘hunger’ has not been quenched even by including 18 per cent of Ukraine in its country. The Russian military continues to wreak havoc in Ukraine, despite condemnation and sanctions from countries around the world. At least 30 people were killed and 88 wounded in a Russian missile attack on a civilian convoy in the Ukrainian city of Zaporizhzhya on Friday, CNN reports.

“The enemy launched a rocket attack on a civilian humanitarian convoy while leaving Zaporizhzhya,” the head of the Zaporizhzhya Regional Military Administration, Alexander Starukh, said on Telegram. CNN quoted Ukraine’s national police chief Ihor Klymenko as saying that an 11-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy were among those killed in the attack.

Earlier on Friday, Russian President Vladimir Putin formally announced the merger of four regions – Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhya, claiming that “this is the will of millions.” According to media reports, Putin said after the appointment of the heads of these states that residents of the four regions would now be “forever citizens” of Russia.

Get the more latest news updates