Maharashtra: 10 newborns die traumatic after hospital fire, PM Modi mourns, Rahul appeals to Uddhav government

10 newborns died in a fire at the Special Neonatal Care Unit at Bhandara District Hospital in Maharashtra late Friday. A doctor reported that the newborns were between one month and three months old. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister Amit Shah, Congress leader and MP Rahul Gandhi have mourned the sad tragedy.

PM Modi said in his tweet, ‘There has been a heart-wrenching incident in Bhandara, Maharashtra, in which we have lost precious young lives. My condolences to all bereaved families. I hope the injured recover soon. ‘

Amit Shah expressed sorrow, ‘The fire accident in Bhandara District Hospital in Maharashtra is very unfortunate. My condolences to the bereaved families. May God give them the power to bear this irreparable loss. ‘

Rahul Gandhi appeals to the Maharashtra government

At the same time, Rahul Gandhi has also expressed condolences on this incident. He tweeted, ‘The unfortunate incident of fire in the hospital is very sad. My condolences to the families of the children who lost their lives. I appeal to the Maharashtra government to provide all possible help to the injured and the families of the deceased. ‘

CM Uddhav Thackeray came into action

Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray spoke to Health Minister Rajesh Tope as well as Bhandara District Collector and Superintendent of Police regarding the fire incident in the district hospital. He has also ordered an inquiry. After this, Health Minister Rajesh Tope announced that ex-gratia amount of Rs. 5 lakhs will be given by the government to the family of the deceased children.

17 children were admitted to the unit, 7 were rescued

District Civil Surgeon Pramod Khandate said that a fire broke out at Bhandara District Hospital around 1.30 pm on Friday. The unit had 17 children, seven of whom were rescued. He said that first a nurse saw smoke coming from the child care department of the hospital, after which the doctors and other staff got information and reached here within five minutes. He said that seven children were taken out safely by fire personnel from the unit’s’ inbound ward but 10 children could not be saved.

Shot circuit is the cause of fire

Khandate said that in the ward where children are kept, there is a constant need for oxygen supply. “There were fire extinguishers and the personnel tried to extinguish them,” he said. There was a lot of smoke. ”He said that the parents of the children who were victims of the fire have been informed and the seven children rescued have been sent to another ward. Patients have been shifted to another ward safely from ICU ward, dialysis and labor ward. The cause behind the fire has not been ascertained yet, but a short circuit is suspected.

Leave a Comment