Reservation for Agniveer: The Central Government has announced to reserve 10 percent seats for Agniveers in the restoration of Border Security Force (BSF). At the same time, it has been said to give relaxation in the maximum age limit. However, for this it remains to be seen whether he is part of the first batch or not. The Union Home Ministry has announced this through a notification on Thursday.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has said that 25 percent of the candidates of the first batch of Agniveers will be given direct permanent jobs in the army. The remaining 75 percent candidates will be given preference in various forces.
Relaxation in maximum age will be given
According to the notification of the Union Home Ministry, the candidates of the first batch of Agniveers will be given a relaxation of five years in the maximum age limit. At the same time, the candidates of the subsequent batch will get a relaxation of three years. Apart from this, it has also been announced to give exemption to them in the Physical Efficiency Test.
Let us tell you that at present the age limit of reinstatement in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) is 19-23 years. Whereas, Agniveer can apply till the age of 26 years. The first batch of Agniveers can avail the benefit of 10 per cent job quota in CAPFs and Assam Rifles till the age of 28, as announced by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Get the more latest news updates