after corona virus lumpy virus is havoc. But the havoc of the lumpi virus is not in humans but in animals. There is also a more affected cow in this. The number of animals affected by the lumpi virus has now reached in lakhs. Right now its most havoc is in Rajasthan and many cows are suffering from this disease in Rajasthan. According to the government figures, so far 1.21 lakh animals have been affected by this disease in the state and it is estimated that the number may be even higher. The special thing is that not only animals are suffering from this disease, but many animals have also died due to this.
In such a situation, we know what is the lumpy virus and what are its symptoms in animals after entering the body. Apart from this, know what is the status of this disease in Rajasthan right now and what kind of steps are being taken to bring this disease under control…
- What is lumpy virus? Lumpy virus is a virus of the capripox family. Due to this virus, lumpy skin disease is happening in the body of animals. There are two more viruses in this family, namely gotpox virus and sheeppox virus. There is a fear of getting the same disease from them.
- Symptoms of Lumpy Skin Disease? When someone gets infected with this virus, many lumps are formed in the body. Apart from this, there are complaints of weight loss, fluid coming out of the mouth, fever and reduced milk in animals. Apart from this, it can also cause problems like infertility, abortion, pneumonia in female animals.
- What causes this virus to spread? Let us tell you that this virus is caused by mosquitoes, corn, louse and wasps. Along with this, it is also happening due to direct contact with infected cattle and dirty water.
- Where are the most patients? Let us tell you that its maximum havoc is being told in Barmer, Rajasthan. Apart from this, lumpi has also been confirmed in many cows in Jaisalmer, Jalore, Pali, Sirohi, Nagaur, Sri Ganganagar, Hanumangarh, Jodhpur, Churu, Jaipur, Sikar, Jhunjhunu, Udaipur, Ajmer. Along with this, this disease is also spreading in Gujarat.
- In how many animals the disease has spread- According to the state government, 1.21 lakh animals have been affected by this disease so far. In this also 42 thousand have been cured after the treatment of 94 thousand animals. In this, it has spread a lot in western Rajasthan. At the same time, 5,807 animals have died.
- What are the measures taken for prevention- Let us tell you that to prevent this disease, an amount of Rs 106 lakh has been allocated by the government. This amount has been released earlier in the emergency budget in addition to the amount allocated to all district level offices and multipurpose veterinary hospitals. In view of the emergency situations, medicines available in the drug stores of other districts have been sent to the affected districts. Also, monitoring is being done regarding this.
Get the more Knowledge information