Health Expert for a healthy and long lifeHealth ExpertFrom ) to elders, give different types of advice. From food and drink to yoga-exercise (Yoga-Exercise) is included. From staying active to getting good sleep, it is also advised. It is important to stay healthy for long life and it is important to stay fit to stay healthy. Balance in life is necessary to stay fit. Along with physical balance, mental balance (Mental Balance) is equally important. However, did you know that a test of balance can predict your life? We are going to talk about one such balance test, through which you can find out how many more days you will live!
Are you surprised? You might not have heard of this type of test before! But according to a research done in Brazil, the balance of standing on one leg can tell how long that person can live. According to research, if people over the age of 50 are unable to stand on one leg for more than 10 seconds, then their chances of death are doubled within the next 10 years.
Research study done for 10 years
Brazilian scientists did a research study for 10 years about this. During this, balance tests of people were taken for 10 years. Through this research study, researchers wanted to understand whether people could be detected early on the basis of balance standing on one leg for 10 seconds. The researchers also wanted to understand whether this balance test needed to be included in people’s routine health checkups.
To know this, 1700 people were included in this research study. His routine health checkup was done from the year 2009 to 202. At the time of the first test, his age was between 51 and 75 years. In this, the average age was taken out to be 61 years. Of these people, 68 percent were men.
During this research study done for 10 years, 21 percent of the people failed in the balance test. That is, he could not stand on 1 leg for 10 seconds. As the age increased, the risk of failing the test also increased with age.
- 51 to 55 of age 5 percent People could not pass this test.
- 56 to 60 of years old 8 percent People failed in this test.
- 61 to 65 of years 18 percent People could not pass this test.
- 66 to 70 Of 37 percent People failed this balance test.
- 71 to 75 of years 54 percent People could not pass this test.
People who fail the balance test are more likely to die
In this research study conducted over a long period of 10 years, researchers found that people who failed the balance test were more likely to die early.
- About 17.5 percent of those who failed died within the next 10 years.
- Only 4.6 percent of the people who passed the balance test died in the next 10 years.
- Scientists also found a deep connection with diseases of people who failed the balance test.
- Such people were suffering from obesity, hypertension, dyslipidemia and coronary artery disease.
The gender, age and medical history of the people who died were also taken into account. This enabled the researchers to understand that people who are old, suffer from other diseases and if they fail the balance test, they will have to wait for the next 10 years. The risk of dying in this is up to 84 percent.
You can also do balance test
Balance test is not a lab or technical test. This can be done easily at home also.
- You stand on one leg for 10 seconds.
- Either right or left leg can be used.
- Place the leg which you have raised up, behind the standing leg.
- Keep both your hands on the side.
- Look at a distance of 2 meters from your eye level during the test.
- Give at least 3 chances to perform this test.
Click to get more Knowledge information updates