growing in the country monkeypox In the midst of cases, the central government has issued an advisory. Ministry of Health It has been said that monkeypox has been caused by being in contact with or meeting infected people for a long time. According to the advisory, it has been advised to wash hands with soap or use sanitizer to avoid infection. Due to the threat of the virus World Health Organization has declared monkeypox as a public health emergency. Many cases of this have also been reported in India.
Monkeypox is a zoonotic disease. Which can stay in the body for three to four weeks. The first thing that occurs when monkeypox is fever. Along with this comes pain in the body and muscles, headache and swollen lymph nodes. A rash appears on the face, which gradually starts spreading in the body.
do’s and don’ts
- According to the advisory, in case of infection, first isolate the patient from other people.
- Wash hands with soap or use sanitizer. If there is a patient of monkeypox around you, then take a mask and gloves.
- Use disinfectants where you live. Do not use sheets or towels used by the patient.
- If you are showing symptoms of monkeypox, then avoid going to crowded places or public events.
- Do not mislead people by giving wrong information. Share information only that has been certified by a doctor or issued by a health agency.
Symptoms appear in 6 to 13 days
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it takes 6 to 13 days for monkeypox to show symptoms after being infected. In some cases, it may take 5 to 21 days. Symptoms like fever, headache, fatigue and back pain appear within the next 5 days from the day of infection. Within 1 to 3 days after the onset of fever, the skin starts showing its effect and the rash starts coming out. In 95 percent of cases, the rash appears on the face and in 75 percent of the cases on the palms and soles of the feet.
health ministry advisory
— ANI (@ANI) August 3, 2022
What to keep in mind in case of infection?
WHO says, do not let the lack of water in the body at all if there is an infection of monkeypox. Do not let the patient go hungry. Give such things in food that help in increasing immunity. How soon the patient will recover, it depends on his immunity. As a protection to normal healthy people, humans are advised not to come in contact with animals or infected patients.
Till now no medicine has been prepared for monkeypox. At present, antiviral drugs are being used to treat such patients. Therefore prevention is the best cure.
Get the more Knowledge information