Jammu and Kashmir near the citizens of dual citizenship Used to happen. There used to be a separate flag of its own. Shariat law was applicable to women in Jammu and Kashmir. Minority Hindus and Sikhs did not get reservation in Kashmir. Pakistan Had a crooked eye. The politics, development here used to be quite different from the mainstream. There was much more, which separated Jammu and Kashmir from other states of India. Article 370 was applicable.
All this has become history. Since 5th August 2019. This was the date when Article 370 was removed from Jammu and Kashmir. It became non-existent. Two new union territories, Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh came into existence. A lot has changed in Jammu and Kashmir in these three years.
- One Flag One Constitution:- Jammu and Kashmir used to have a separate flag of its own, of red colour. It was also hoisted along with the tricolor of the national flag of the country. There was a provision for this in the constitution. But after the removal of 370, like other parts of the country, only the tricolor is hoisted there. with pride. In 2019, 20 days after the abrogation of 370, the flag of Jammu and Kashmir was removed from the Srinagar Secretariat and the tricolor was hoisted and then the national flag was also hoisted at all government offices and constitutional institutions.
- Right of local resident:- While changing the rules of becoming a resident in Jammu and Kashmir, arrangements have been made to make the men of other states who marry the girl there, to make them permanent residents there. Till now in such cases the husband and children of the woman were not considered to be permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Right to buy land:- People from outside could not buy land in Jammu and Kashmir. Now it is possible to buy non-agricultural land there. The Center has allowed people from outside the Valley to buy non-cultivable land in Kashmir. Earlier only the people of Jammu and Kashmir could do this. It is also a good thing for investors that if they want, they can buy land there and establish their business.
- Decentralization of Power:- On August 5, 2019, Article 370, which gave special status to Jammu and Kashmir, was abolished. The government has divided Jammu and Kashmir into two union territories (Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh). After the removal of 370 from Jammu and Kashmir, the central government first conducted Panchayat and then BDC elections there. Right to education did not apply in Jammu and Kashmir. CAG was also not applicable here. The decision of the Supreme Court of India was also not considered final here. Now rules and regulations are applicable here like other states of India.
- State Delimitation:- The assembly constituency of Jammu and Kashmir has been delimited. The Delimitation Commission has increased seven assembly seats here. With this, there has been a total of 90 seats here. 43 seats in Jammu and 47 seats in Kashmir. Now elections are to be held on these seats and from here the politics of this state will get another new direction.
The politics of Jammu and Kashmir has changed. Every year on 5th December, Sheikh Abdullah’s birthday was celebrated as a holiday. This ‘practice’ was abolished in 2019.
The parties which used to do politics against each other are now doing politics by forming a coalition. On August 4, 2019, 8 parties including PDP, National Conference of Kashmir had gathered. Many parties are still together and do their politics on the demand of returning the old condition of Kashmir.
Click to read knowledge news
Get the more Knowledge information