After inaugurating the statue, the Prime Minister poured holy water at the feet of the Kempegowda statue. On this occasion Chief Minister Basavaraja Bommai, former Union Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda, former CM B.S. Yediyurappa, Minister R. Ashok, BJP National General Secretary C.T. Ravi, Nirmalanand Swamiji of Adi Chunchanagiri Mahamath and others were present. In a few moments, Prime Minister Modi will address a public meeting to be held near the International Airport.
What is special about Kempegowda bronze statue?
– The height of the bronze statue of Kempegowda is 108 feet
-This statue weighs 218 tonnes (120 tonnes of steel, 98 tonnes of bronze).
– The weight of the sword of Kempegowda statue is 4 tons.
– 84 crores spent on construction of Kempegowda statue.
– Statue by Ramsutar Creations.
– Construction of a theme park around the statue. A theme park spread over 23 acres.