Retired chief secretary TM Vijayabhaskar, who is the chairman of the second administrative reform commission, submitted the fourth and fifth reports to Chief Minister Basavaraja Bommai on Friday. The entire 15% ‘Rural Quota’ can be converted into ‘Rural State Government School Quota’.
The commission said that once the students of private schools are also considered under this quota, it can be recognized as ‘Rural Esslce Board Government Quota’. 15 percent in the rural quota. 7.5 may be reserved for ‘Rural Government School Students’. It suggested that the remaining 7.5% may be kept open for private aided, unaided Essex Board schools and CBSE, ICSE board school students.
Recommend reduction in number of members
Other states including Uttar Pradesh have 8 or less members. So the number of members including the Chairman of KPSC can be reduced from 14 to 8. The selection can be expedited by the concerned departments verifying the genuineness of the documents instead of the verification of the genuineness of the documents by the Commission before recruitment. Merger of Department of Employment Services- Skill Mission
- Rehabilitation treatment for the physically challenged can be brought under Ayushman Bharat Health Karnataka
- As per norms, out of 737 additional veterinary clinics in 25 districts, 154 veterinary clinics can be shifted to deficient districts of Belgaum, Koppal, Raichur and Bellary.
- Department of Employment Service may be merged with Skill Mission
- The staff and infrastructure of the Department of Employment Services may be merged with the State Skill Mission and renamed as ‘State Skill and Employment Mission’
- Also the designation of Department of Industrial Training and Employment may be renamed as ‘Department of Industrial Training’
- A Serious Fraud Investigation Officer (SFIO) under the Principal Secretary of the Department of Cooperation may be established under the relevant Act with appropriate statutory provisions to prevent serious fraud.
- A State-owned Assets Reconstruction Company or Cell may be set up in the office of the Regulator of Co-operative Societies to acquire/dispose of the assets of defunct societies and settle the dues of creditors.
Recommendation for the following devolution of powers to district and taluk level officials
- Granting time limit pay promotion and stop pay promotion to high school teachers
- High school teachers to be in charge of the post of Headmasters and to be sanctioned in-charge allowance.
- Partial GPF withdrawal and loan sanction from GPF to primary school teachers
Recommendation for resource augmentation
- Establishment of District Sports Authority and District Sports Development Fund in each district to raise CSR funds and promote sports.
- BBMP Act, Karnataka Metropolitan Corporation Act, Karnataka Municipal Administration Act and Karnataka Village Swaraj and Panchayat Raj Acts have been amended to increase the percentage of property tax. 1% sports cess can be levied
- Various cesses may be levied for the welfare of unorganized workers
- The list of states with the highest number of colleges has been published..How much is Karnataka? How many colleges in the state?Fourth Report Recommendation
- Department of Women, Child Development, Handicapped, Empowerment of Senior Citizens- 99
- School Education and Literacy- 152
- Higher Education- 140
- Health and Family Welfare- 182
- Medical Education- 96
- Youth Empowerment and Sports- 33
- Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood- 102
- Labour- 136
- Total- 940
Fifth Report Recommendation
- Agriculture- 97
- Horticulture- 73
- Silk- 32
- Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Service- 78
- Fishing- 60
- Cooperation- 168
H Ramaswamy 1st Administrative Reforms Commission Implementation Report
- General recommendation- 27
- Modification of Rural Quota- 1
- Devolution of administrative and financial powers- 17
- Recommendation regarding e-Procurement- 6
- Recommendation regarding Karnataka Public Service Commission- 27
- Reorganization of BBMP- 13
- Study Report- IIMB- 38
- Study Report- Isaac-30
- Formation of Work Improvement Teams- 1
- Establishment of Partners’ Councils- 1
- Total- 669
Get the more latest news updates on Karnataka