UPSC IFS 2023 Notification: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has sought online applications for Civil Services as well as Indian Forest Service Examination 2023. Through this exam, appointments will be made to 150 posts of IFS officers. To be a part of this service one has to first clear the Civil Services preliminary exam. Then one has to be successful in the main examination and interview of Forest Service. Interested candidates can apply online for preliminary examination by 21 February 2023 by visiting upsconline.nic.in.
1. To appear in the Forest Service Mains exam one has to clear the UPSC Civil Services Prelims. That is, the prelims exam for both the competitive exams will be common. The Civil Services Prelims Exam will be held on 28 May 2023. Forest Service Main Exam will be held on 26 November 2023.
Exam centers will be available on first come first serve basis
2. The commission has said that the number of candidates in each examination center is limited (except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur). The exam centers will be allotted on first apply first allot basis. That is, the earlier you apply, the more chances you have of getting the desired exam center city.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023 notification released, 1105 vacancies including IAS, applying first will be beneficial
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institute/University with any one of the subjects Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology. either
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture / Forestry. either
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
4. The total number of chances to appear in the examination has been fixed at maximum 6. However, OBC candidates will be given 9 chances and there is no limit on the number of chances for SC/ST candidates.
5. Age Limit
– Minimum age – 21 years. Maximum age should be less than 32 years. Age will be counted from 1 August 2023. That is, the applicant must not have been born before 2 August 1991 and not later than 1 August 2002.
In the maximum age limit, OBC category candidates have three years, SC / ST candidates have five years and physically handicapped category candidates have ten years relaxation.
Click here to read full notification
6. Application Fee
– 100 rupees. The fee has to be paid in any branch of State Bank through Cash or Netbanking or Master Card/ Debit Card. The payment option will be available during the online application process.
No fee is to be paid to SC/ST, Divyang and women candidates.
7. Applicants will not be given an opportunity to withdraw the application after application.
Get the more Jobs news updates