RBI Assistant recruitment 2023: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued recruitment notification for 450 Assistant posts. With the release of the advertisement, applications have also started. The application link has been activated on the official website of RBI www.rbi.org. Last date of application is 4 October 2023. Examination fees will also have to be deposited between September 13 and October 4. The prelims exam will be conducted on October 21 and October 23. The main examination is scheduled for 2 December 2023. To fill these posts, RBI will organize a nationwide competitive examination. First of all there will be a preliminary examination. In this, successful candidates will have to appear in the main examination and after that they will also have to appear in the Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
It will be mandatory to have a bachelor’s degree in any subject from any recognized university with minimum 50 percent marks. There is no 50 percent condition for OBC, SC and ST, only passing is necessary.
– It is necessary to have knowledge of word processing on computer.
2. Age Limit: Minimum 20 years, Maximum 28 years. Age will be calculated from 1st September 2023. That means the candidate should not have been born before 02 September 1995 and after 01 September 2003. SC and ST will be given age relaxation of 5 years and OBC will be given three years.
3. Pay Scale: The starting basic salary will be Rs 20,700/- per month. After this the pay scale will be 20700 – 1200 (3) – 24300 – 1440 (4) – 30060 – 1920 (6) – 41580 – 2080 (2) – 45740 – 2370 (3) – 52850 – 2850 – 55700 (20 years). And other allowances like DA, TA etc.
Direct Link of application and notification
4. Application Fee – Rs 450 (General, OBC, EWS) and GST
SC, ST, Divyang – Rs 50 plus GST.
5. Selection Process
To be selected for appointment to these posts, candidates will have to go through three online examinations. Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
6. Exam Pattern
– The preliminary examination will be of one hour with 100 questions of 100 marks.
– In these, 30 questions will be asked from English Language, 35 from Numerical Ability and 35 from Reasoning Ability.
– Candidates who qualify the preliminary examination will be eligible to appear in the main examination.
7- Main Exam
– 200 questions of 200 marks will be asked in the main examination for which candidates will get 135 minutes.
In this, 40-40 questions will be asked from Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Computer.
– There is a provision for negative marking in preliminary and main examination. One-fourth marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
8. Pattern of Main and LPT Exam
– Candidates shortlisted on the basis of performance in the Main Examination will have to appear for the Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
– LPT exam will be in the local language spoken in the concerned area.
9. Those who fail in the Language Proficiency Test (local language) will be disqualified.
10. Before the examination, SC and ST category candidates will also be made to prepare for the examination.
Get the latest Jobs news updates