The Defense Ministry is seriously considering increasing the percentage of Agniveers being made permanent to 50. Highly placed sources have given this information. The Agniveer scheme, implemented last year, has a provision to make up to 25 per cent of the soldiers permanent after four years after a trial process, while the remaining 75 per cent will be separated from the service with a fixed amount. The same procedure has been adopted in all three armies, land, sea and air. The first batches of fire warriors have arrived in all three armies.
According to sources, many suggestions have been received from the armies regarding improvements in the plan. Especially the Navy and the Air Force say that it is at a loss to send 75 percent of the trained firefighters home in four years, as soon as they become proficient in technical work, their service period will be completed. Most of the soldiers in the Navy and Air Force do technical work. Even in the Army, soldiers have to do technical work in many branches. Sources said the suggestion is being considered.
Get the latest Jobs news updates