BPSSC Bihar Police Daroga Bharti 2023: Bihar Police Under Service Commission (BPSSC) released the advertisement for recruitment to 1275 posts of Inspector on Saturday. Interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply by visiting bpssc.bih.nic.in from October 5, 2023. The last date to apply is 5 November 2023. Among the vacancies, 441 posts are unreserved. 275 posts are reserved for SC, 16 for ST, 238 for extremely backward class, 107 for backward class, 82 for backward class women, 111 for EWS, 05 for transgender. The recruitment will be conducted in three phases – Prelims Exam, Mains Exam and Physical Test. Read here 10 special things related to recruitment
1. Educational Qualification- Graduation in any discipline.
2. Age Limit – 18 years to 37 years. Age will be calculated from 01-08-2023.
(1) For men of unreserved (general) category, minimum age is 20 years and maximum age is 37 years and for women, minimum age is 20 years and maximum age is 40 years.
(2) For men and women of backward class and extremely backward class, minimum age is 20 years and maximum age is 40 years.
(3) Minimum age is 20 years and maximum age is 42 years for men and women of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe and third gender candidates.
3. How will the selection be done – three stages – 1.Preliminary Written Examination, 2.Main Written Examination, 3.Physical Test
4. Written Examination:-
The written examination will be held in two stages – preliminary and main examination. All papers of written examination will be based on multiple choice questions.
– There will be a paper of 200 marks in the preliminary examination in which the total number of questions will be 100 and the duration of the examination will be 2 hours. In this, questions related to general knowledge and contemporary issues will be asked. Candidates scoring less than 30 percent marks will be declared failed for the main examination.
– On the basis of marks obtained in the preliminary examination, successful candidates will be selected 20 (twenty) times the number of vacancies and reservation will be done category wise in order of merit.
Read notification here
5. Main Written Examination There will be two papers in the main examination. The first paper will be of 2 hours in general Hindi of 200 marks, there will be 100 questions and it will be mandatory to get minimum qualifying marks of 30 percent. The marks obtained in General Hindi paper will not be included in the merit determination.
(b) The second paper will be related to General Studies, General Science, Civics, Indian History, Indian Geography, Mathematics and mental ability test. The marks of the second paper will be 200 in which the total number of questions will be 100 and the duration of the examination will be 2 (two) hours.
6. 0.2 marks will be deducted for wrong answer in both the written examinations. The answer sheet will be in duplicate, one copy of which will be kept safe with the Commission.
7. Rules regarding height in Sub Inspector recruitment
(1) For men belonging to unreserved (general) category and backward class – minimum height should be 165 centimeters.
(2) For men belonging to extremely backward class, scheduled caste and scheduled tribe – minimum height should be 160 centimeters.
(3) For women of all categories – minimum height should be 155 centimeters and minimum weight should be 48 kilograms.
Chest (only for men)-
(1) For men of unreserved (general) category, backward class and extremely backward class – without expansion – 81 centimeters (minimum) with expansion – 86 centimeters (minimum) (after expansion it is mandatory to have a gap of at least 5 centimeters in the chest will be) .
(2) For men belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes –
Without expansion – 79 cm (minimum)
Expanded – 84 cm (minimum)
(It will be mandatory to have a gap of at least 5 centimeters in the chest after inflation).
8. Physical Efficiency Test:
It will be mandatory for the candidates to be successful in the following physical efficiency test.
– race –
Time limit for one mile race –
6 minutes 30 seconds (Candidates taking more than this time will be declared unsuccessful).
Time limit for one kilometer race –
6 minutes (Candidates taking more than this time will be declared unsuccessful).
– high jump –
For Men – Minimum 4 (four) feet
For women – minimum 3 (three) feet
– long jump –
For Men – Minimum 12 (twelve) feet
For women – minimum 9 (nine) feet
– Shot put –
For men – 16 pound ball
Minimum throw will be 16 (sixteen) feet.
For women – 12 pound ball
Must throw minimum 10 (ten) feet.
9. How will the final merit be made?
Finally, the merit list of successful candidates will be made on the basis of marks obtained in the main written examination. Only passing in the physical test will be mandatory.
10. Application Fees
– Male candidates of Extremely Backward Class, Backward Class, Economically Weaker Section, and Unreserved Class natives of Bihar and candidates from outside the state, irrespective of any category of male/female/third gender – Rs 700
– For men/women of Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe category native of Bihar state, female candidates of all classes/categories native of the state and candidates of third gender category – Rs 400
Get the latest Jobs news updates