Secunderabad Fire: Fire breaks out in Secunderabad, fire breaks out in showroom while charging electric bikes, eight die

Secunderabad Fire : A terrible accident took place in Secunderabad in Telangana on Monday night (September 13). Eight people died of suffocation and suffocation in a massive fire at an electric scooter showroom. Five people suffered serious burns and have been admitted to a nearby hospital. The fire broke out on the second floor of the building. A short circuit is said to be the primary cause of the fire. As soon as the fire was reported, fire brigade vehicles reached the spot and brought the fire under control. Meanwhile, the people trapped in the building of the electric scooter showroom have been evacuated.

According to the Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, North Division, Hyderabad, there is an electric scooter showroom near the passport office in Secunderabad. Electric bikes were being charged in this showroom. This caused a short circuit and started a fire. Above the showroom are lodges, in which many people were trapped. Eight people have died in this incident so far. Rescue operations are still underway. 

Offense against building owner
"A case has been registered against the owner of the building, which has an electric bike showroom on the ground floor and a lodge above, Rajendra Singh Bagga and his two sons, and investigations are on. There were 25 customers on four floors of the lodge at the time of the accident and there was only one way out. As a result, after a fire broke out in the showroom on the ground floor, these customers were trapped upstairs." SHO of Market Police Station Y Nageshwar Rao gave this.

Inclusion of foreign nationals among the dead
The dead are considered to be from foreign countries. The dead include citizens of Chennai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Vijayawada. Of the 25 people trapped in the building, 15 got out safely. Two of them jumped from the window. Firefighters rescued six people from the stairs and two who were unconscious due to suffocation were taken to a local hospital.

Investigation of the incident started: Home Minister 
Home Minister Mohammad Mahmood Ali directed the injured to be admitted to the hospital immediately. Speaking to the media, he said, "This is a very unfortunate incident. Firefighters tried their best to evacuate people from the lodge. But some died due to suffocation due to smoke. A few were rescued from the lodge. We are investigating how this incident happened."

Saddened by the loss of lives due to a fire in Secunderabad, Telangana. Condolences to the bereaved families. May the injured recover soon. Rs. 2 lakh from PMNRF would be paid to the next of kin of each deceased. Rs. 50,000 would be paid to the injured: PM @narendramodi

— PMO India (@PMOIndia) September 13, 2022

Get the more latest India news updates