Kisan Long March: Under the leadership of All India Kisan Sabha and Communist Party of India, about 10,000 tribal farmers are once again doing long march. The organizers of this march include the names of CPIM leader Dr. Ashok Dhawale, former MLA Jeeva Pandu Gavit, Dr. Ajit Navale, CPIM leader Uday Narkar.
Farmers are marching from Nashik carrying a demand chart including onion prices.
Demands of agitating farmers…
1) Give a subsidy of Rs 600 per quintal on onions. Export onion in bulk by exploring all possibilities of onion export. Buy Onion in bulk through NAFED at the lowest price of Rs.2000/-.
2) On 7/12, land should be given in the name of tribals who have been tilling land for years and who have forest land up to 4 hectares. Approve ineligible claims of tribals.
3) Waive off the extra electricity bills of the farmers by making them available continuously for 12 hours a day for their agriculture.
4) Clear 7/12 of the farmers by waiving off the entire agriculture loan of the farmers.
5) Give immediate compensation from NDRF for crop damage due to unseasonal rains and natural calamities that continue throughout the year. Curb the loot of crop insurance companies and compel the companies to compensate crop insurance holders for losses.
6) Continue the government procurement scheme of baby gum by giving a guaranteed price of at least Rs 250 per kg for baby gum crop. Immediate payment of compensation to the farmers on the basis of Panchnama for loss of gum crop during the natural cyclonic rains of 2020.
7) Establish an independent system for regular inspection of milk meters and weighbridges used for inspection of milk. Appoint Milcometer Inspector. Implement FRP and revenue sharing policy for milk. Give a minimum price of Rs.47 for cow milk and Rs.67 for buffalo milk.
8) Stop the conspiracy to bring down the prices of soyabean, cotton, arhar and gram crops.
9) Give compensation to the highway affected farmers on the lines of Kerala. Do proper rehabilitation. Proper rehabilitation of Navi Mumbai airport project victims.
10) Apply old pension scheme to government employees recruited after 2005. Apply the pay scale to the employees of the Social Welfare Department as well. Give 100% grant to partially aided schools.
11) In view of the current inflation, increase the subsidy of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana to poor farmers, agricultural laborers, labourers, slum dwellers from Rs 1 lakh 40 thousand to 5 lakh and a new scheme of deprived poor beneficiaries Survey and include their names in List ‘D’.
12) Increase the amount of old age pension and special financial assistance scheme applicable to senior citizens of Maharashtra and others to at least Rs 4000.
13) Resume sale of food grains with free food grains on ration cards every month.
14) Fill vacancies in government jobs, increase the wage rate to Rs 26000 by regularizing contract employees.
Mizoram Rains: Dark in the afternoon! Hail-rain and dust storm also, video went viral on social media
Get the more latest India news updates