Rahul Gandhi Remarks Row: There is a deadlock in the opposition regarding the cancellation of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s parliament membership and the Adani case. There was a lot of uproar in Parliament on these issues during the Budget Session 2023 on Tuesday as well. The opposition has also made preparations to surround the government on Wednesday (March 29), for which a meeting of opposition parties has been called at 10 am. Meanwhile, PM Modi has also made a scathing attack on the opposition. Know the big things related to this case.
1. The PM, while inaugurating the residential complex at the BJP headquarters on Tuesday, lashed out at the opposition, saying that leaders involved in corruption are coming together on one platform and some parties together Save corruption campaign has been launched. People involved in corruption are questioning the agencies and courts, but neither the country will bow down due to their false allegations nor the action against corruption is going to stop.
2. The Prime Minister further said that today, when India’s sting is ringing all over the world, it is natural for anti-India forces sitting inside and outside the country to unite. These powers somehow want to snatch a period of development from India. Today, if India’s potential is once again going towards heights, then it has a strong foundation behind it, which is in its constitutional institutions.
3. He said that that’s why today this foundation of ours is being hurt to stop India. Constitutional institutions are being attacked. A campaign is being launched to defame him. A conspiracy is being hatched to destroy his credibility. The Prime Minister said that when agencies take action against people involved in corruption, the agencies are attacked and when the court gives a verdict, questions are raised on it. You all are watching. The whole country is watching and understanding this.
4. On Tuesday, at the time when PM Modi was attacking the opposition in his address in Delhi, at the same time Congress’s protest was also going on in another part of the capital. Several party leaders and workers were detained near the Red Fort as they tried to march towards the town hall to protest against the disqualification of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi from the Lok Sabha. The Congress had announced a protest march from the Red Fort to the Town Hall on Tuesday, but was stopped by the police.
5. Congress has also announced upcoming programs on the issue of action on Rahul Gandhi and Adani. Congress will run Jai Bharat Satyagraha campaign from block to national level in the next one month. Regarding the appeal in the upper court, Congress leaders said that the legal team is working on it.
6. A big program will be organized in Delhi in the second week of April. According to the program of the Congress, press conferences will be held across the country on Wednesday. From March 29 to April 8 at the block level "Jai Bharat Satyagraha" Will be done. SC, ST, OBC, Minority Department to protest at Ambedkar statue on 1st April.
7. Apart from this, from April 3, Youth Congress, NSUI will run a postcard campaign, in which a letter will be written to PM Modi. 15 to 20 April at district level and 20 to 30 April at state level "Jai Bharat Satyagraha" There will be a campaign. in Delhi in the second week of April "Jai Bharat Maha Satyagraha" Campaign will be launched.
8. Congress MP Jairam Ramesh said that in the meeting of the opposition, Rahul Gandhi has said that the question is not about him, but about saving democracy. About 18 opposition parties came together, thanks to them for this. The main question is, what is PM’s relation with Adani? Only JPC can investigate this. Jairam also said that the government which is running away from the caste census is protesting on the issue of OBCs.
9. Congress is going to convene a meeting of top opposition leaders in April. Congress sources gave this information to PTI. This meeting will take forward the harmony displayed by many opposition parties during the budget session of Parliament and it will be extended outside as well. Congress sources said the meeting was proposed by Congress President Mallikarjun Kharge at a meeting of opposition leaders called at his residence on Monday evening.
10. The Congress said that it will take this issue to the public by taking to the streets against the disqualification of Rahul Gandhi from the membership of the Lok Sabha. Rahul Gandhi was sentenced to two years in jail by a court in Surat in a 2019 defamation case. After which he was disqualified as a Lok Sabha member on 24 March.
Supreme Court: Supreme Court’s question on MP’s petition against disqualification – which fundamental right is being affected in this?
Get the more latest India news updates