History of 16th March: 2023 is going to be very special in terms of cricket. Events like Asia Cup and World Cup are to be held this year. If we talk about March, then cricket is dominant here too. Then whether it is about the present or from the pages of history. If you look at this month from the prism of history, you will find many big events related to cricket recorded in this month.
Major events related to March 16
- 1527: Babur defeated Rana Sanga in the Battle of Khanwa on this day.
- 1693: Birth of Malharrao Holkar, founder of Holkar dynasty of Indore.
- 1846 : Signing of the Treaty of Amritsar as a result of the First Anglo-Sikh War.
- 1901 : Birth of freedom fighter P Sriramulu.
- 1910 : Birth of Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi, he studied in India and England, Played cricket for both.
- 1997: Navjot Singh Sidhu scored the only double century of his Test career playing against the West Indies. Batting for 673 minutes, he played an innings of 201 runs, which at that time was recorded as the slowest double century in cricket history.
- 2000: On this day in Pakistan, a court in Lahore, Javed Sentenced to death Iqbal, who brutally murdered children aged between 6 and 16 and then dismembered their bodies and doused them in acid to hide evidence. The court ordered Javed to be executed in the same manner as he used to kill children, but he committed suicide before the sentence could be executed.
- 2002: Nathan Astle of New Zealand scored 163 against England. By scoring a double century with the ball, he holds the record for the fastest double century in Test cricket.
SIT chief met Sidhu Musewala’s family after Lawrence Bishnoi’s interview on abp news, review of Salman Khan’s security. big things
Get the more latest India news updates