Apart from preventing dehydration, this juicy and delicious fruit can also help in weight loss. Watermelon is a great source of natural antioxidants. In particular it is a storehouse of elements such as lycopene, ascorbic acid and citrulline. This red colored fruit is helpful in protecting against many chronic diseases from heart disease to cancer. ayurvedic doctor diksha bhavsar Telling you the benefits of eating watermelon.
Know the benefits of eating watermelon from a doctor
View this post on Instagram
ayurvedic properties and benefits of watermelon
- Rasa (taste) – sweet
- semen (power) – cold
- Guru- Heavy for digestion
- Santharpano – nourishes all tissues (dhatu)
- Balya – improving potency
- Semen enlargement – increases virility
- Confirmation – Enhances nutrition
- Effect on Doshas- Balances Pitta Dosha
In which diseases watermelon is beneficial
- Gives relief from excessive thirst
- removes fatigue
- burning sensation in the body
- Gives relief from urination pain
- bladder infection relief
- Relief from inflammation and irritation
rules for eating watermelon
The best way to eat watermelon is to eat it in moderation. Do not eat with food. This Eat between 10 and 12 in the morning. Apart from this, eat before 5 pm. Never eat at night or with food. It should be avoided by all people with diabetes and digestive issues.
Watermelon seeds are also beneficial
Watermelon seeds are cooling, diuretic and nutritive in nature. The seed oil contains glycerides of linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic and stearic acid. They can be used as snacks. They are dried, roasted or ground into flour.