Vitamin B12 deficiency (loss of physical coordination (ataxia)) affects your entire body. The NHS says it can cause difficulty in talking and walking.
Also Read : Heart attack : It is good to have this tablet near when you get heart attack..
Mayo Clinic says walking style. A person with vitamin B12 deficiency walks unsteadily. Their feet are wide.
Similarly, Johns Hopkins refers to Madison’s gait as staggered gait. Ataxic gait is caused by uncoordinated gait. Apart from ataxia, an uncoordinated unsteady gait, vitamin B12 deficiency can cause other neurological problems.
According to Harvard Health, symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency include numbness in the hands and feet, tingling, swelling, red tongue, difficulty thinking, weakness, fatigue, anemia, unsteadiness, and balance problems. In the case of vitamin B12 deficiency, prompt treatment can prevent long-term, irreversible symptoms.
Also Read: Weight loss: If you eat this daily, you will lose weight quickly..
First of all, a blood test must be done to help diagnose the condition. Once you know you have a problem, you can continue treatment.
- According to Harvard Health, severe B12 deficiency can be corrected in two ways. Vitamin B12, Daily High Dose B12 Tablets.
- A mild B12 deficiency can be corrected with a standard multivitamin.
- For symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency, your doctor may recommend a B12 test.
- According to the UK National Health Services (NHS), a variety of blood tests are used to help identify people with vitamin B12 and folate deficiencies.
Why do the test?
- Do you have a lower than normal level of hemoglobin?
- Are your red blood cells larger than normal?
- The level of vitamin B12 in your blood
- The level of folate in your blood
In most people, vitamin B12 deficiency is preventable, says Harvard Health.
According to the health body, strict vegetarians can eat breads, cereals and other grains fortified with vitamin B12 and take daily supplements.
A standard multivitamin provides six micrograms. The health body says that the average body should have enough to cover the daily requirement.
If you’re over 50, you may not be getting enough of the vitamin from food. Therefore, the Institute of Medicine recommends that you get extra B12 from supplements.
A standard multivitamin should do the trick.
Vitamin B12 is not produced naturally in the body. That is why we should eat nutrient rich foods. Hence the foods that contain vitamin B12.
Also Read: Joint pains Diet: If you eat these, the pains that come in winter will be reduced..
- the milk
- Fatty fish
- Red meats
- Fortified cereals
Note: We have provided these details according to health experts and studies. This article is for your information only. For any minor health related problem the best way is to consult the doctors. Can observe.
- Read More : Relationship News and Telugu News
Get the more post updates on Health