The person drank water day and night to avoid Covid, death was due to overdose; Know how much water men should drink

  • Post category:Health

Too bad for anything

The 34-year-old Luke Williams, a resident of Pechway, a London area, suspected the doctor of having a covid infection, asking the doctor to drink 2 liters of water daily. But Williams went far beyond this and doubled the amount of water. To get rid of corona infection quickly, he started drinking 5 liters of water daily. Due to which he fainted in the bathroom and had to be admitted to the ICU.

The doctor said that due to drinking so much water, he got water intoxication and there was swelling in the brain. However, he was discharged from the hospital after being in ICU for only 2 to 3 days.

Why water is important

Water is very important in our life. 60 percent of our body is made up of water, so it is necessary to have enough water throughout the day to keep the internal function of the body running smoothly. Water delivers nutrients to cells, flushes out toxins, regulates temperature, and allows the body to absorb minerals, vitamins, amino acids, glucose, and other substances. Therefore, to stay healthy and fit, it is recommended to drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water every day.

How much water is needed and right

It is important to know how much water is necessary for you to drink throughout the day? The answer to this question depends on your health and age. When you drink too much water, your kidneys can easily drain more water. However, there is a limit to the functioning of every part of our body. Kidney can only extract one liter of water in an hour. So how much water you drink is important.

If you drink too much water, your kidneys will be under pressure and they will not be able to do their work properly. Drinking 3 to 4 liters of water in a short time interval can make you prone to hyponatremia. In hyponatremia, normal levels of sodium in the body are reduced.

In 2004, the National Academy of Medicine found it right to take 2.7 liters of water a day for women between 19 and 30 years and 3.7 liters for men of the same age.

What happens when you drink excess water?

Too much water can cause hyponatremia and water oxidation in case of worsening condition. Some amounts of sodium potassium, chloride, and magnesium are required to run the muscular nervous system smoothly with the help of bloodstream in our body.

Our body needs some amount of electrolytes such as sodium, potassium, chloride and magnesium in the bloodstream. So that the body can maintain the base level of our muscles, nervous system and acid. Excess water disturbs the balance of the body’s electrolytes.

Reducing the amount of sodium in the body increases the chances of hyponatremia which can lead to problems like fatigue, weakness, confusion, sleeplessness. Water poisoning or water intoxication may occur if the condition worsens. In this situation, the body’s sodium levels are greatly reduced.

The process of maintaining the balance of fluids in benign sodium cells can cause inflammation in the brain. Water intoxication (intoxication) can also lead to coma or sometimes death.

Who is more vulnerable to water pollution

Our kidneys are capable of removing excess water from the body. But if you drink too much water, then it becomes challenging. You try to balance and do not drink more than 3.5 liters of water in a day. People who are suffering from any type of kidney disease should take special care about it.