Causes of head and neck cancer
- The most common cause of head and neck cancer is pan, tobacco, tobacco, tobacco and cigarette smoking habits. About 70% to 80% of these cancers are linked to tobacco use. Secondhand smoking also increases the risk.
- Excessive alcohol consumption also increases the risk of these cancers.
- Even if oral hygiene is not good
- Also due to HPV and EBV viruses
- Genetic causes
- Consuming too much salt in food.(image source – pexels)
What are the symptoms?
- Blisters are formed in the head and neck that do not go away.
- Ulcers form in the mouth. Sometimes white or red streaks remain in the mouth.
- Constant cough and hoarseness.
- Excessive earwax, severe headache.
- Difficulty in breathing and swallowing.
- Bleeding from the mouth
- Sudden weight loss.
- Swelling of the jaws
- Hearing loss, ringing in the ears, etc. Symptoms vary depending on the location of the cancer tumor.
What kind of tests are done?
If the symptoms are suspicious, the cancerous part is examined with imaging procedures like biopsy, MRI, PET scan and the stage and grading are determined. (image source – pexels)
Treatment depends on many factors such as the part of the cancer, stage, patient’s age and health. If identified at the first stage.. the chances of success are high.
Stage 1 & 2: If found in stage 1, stage 2… this cancer can be cured only with surgery. Sometimes radiation is given.
Stage 3&4 – Surgery, radiation and chemo therapies are given. (image source – pexels)
- Avoid tobacco products.
- Avoid alcohol.
- A balanced and nutritious diet should be taken.
- Keep the mouth clean and healthy.
- Abstain from extramarital sex.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sun rays.
- Get the HPV vaccine. (image source – pixabay)Note: These details are provided according to health experts and studies. This article is for your information only. For any minor health related problem the best way is to consult the doctors. Can observe.
Get the more information about health