If you have been doing headstands for some time now and want more tips to improve yourself, Anshuka can help you out. he on instagram ‘How to do a headstand’ topic Posted a video from In this, the fitness coach can be seen practicing headstand while dictating the steps. Anshuka has written that- ‘Anyone can get nervous seeing this pose in the beginning, but when you start practicing it, it seems to be the easiest pose’. In the video, Anshuka has also talked about the benefits of doing headstand.
Image credit: @instagram/anshukayoga and istock
Anshuka Parwani doing headstand
View this post on Instagram
Benefits of headstand-
Shirshasana is considered to be the best asana in yoga. By doing this, you can get a good figure and stay away from many diseases. Anshuka has also told about the benefits of doing headstand in her paste. He told that this pose increases the happy and balance hormones. Not only this, it helps in making your muscles strong as well as calming your mind. Doing this pose not only increases the capacity of the core and lungs, but also promotes digestion.
how to do headstand
To do Shirshasan, first of all sit in Vajrasana i.e. Diamond Pose.
- Now hold the left elbow with the right hand and the right elbow with the left hand.
- Interlock your fingers and reduce the space between both the elbows.
- Now slowly lift your feet off the ground and keep them straight.
- During this, the whole body should be straight from top to bottom. Maintain good body balance.
- After coming in this posture, take a deep breath for 15-20 seconds and remain in this posture for some time.
- Now exhale slowly and bring the feet back down to the ground.
- This asana should be repeated three to four times.
If you’re having trouble balancing yourself, you can take the help of a wall initially. When you are absolutely sure that you can maintain balance, then only lift both legs and practice away from the wall.