If you have linked wrong PAN with Aadhaar, you still have time to get it corrected. According to the Income Tax Department, PAN card can be linked to Aadhaar till June 30, 2023. If there is a wrong PAN link with Aadhaar, then there may be problems in filing ITR (Income Tax Return). Let us know how it can be delinked.
How to delink PAN-Aadhaar card
You can follow the steps given below to delink PAN-Aadhaar based on different circumstances:
If PAN card is linked with others Aadhaar
Phase 1: If the PAN card is linked to another person’s Aadhaar, then get the PAN card processing details from the PAN service provider.
Phase 2: After this get the audit log from RCC (Regional Computer Center) through ITBA (Income Tax Business Application).
step 3: Then identify the reasons for the wrong linking. Then decide if delinking is necessary. If delinking is required, submit the required documents to the Income Tax Department.
Two PAN with same person
Phase 1: If you have two PAN cards, use CBN query on the mobile app of the Income Tax Department to check PAN status.
Phase 2: If both the PAN cards are active, check whether they are already under de-duplication. If yes, then approach the Income Tax Assessing Officer.
step 3: To rectify this, the necessary documents have to be submitted to the Income Tax Department.
multiple pan with same number
Phase 1: First of all get the PAN card processing details from the PAN service provider.
Phase 2: Thereafter, file a request for identification of the person to whom the PAN card has been allotted.
step 4: For this, necessary documents have to be submitted to the Income Tax Department.
Step 5: After the process of processing the allottees get a new PAN card.
These documents will be needed for Dlink
- PAN card copy
- copy of aadhar card
- copy of complaint letter
- Address proof
- E-mail address
How to submit PAN-Aadhaar delink request
- As per the e-filing portal, if your Aadhaar is linked to the wrong PAN number, then a request has to be submitted to the JAO (Jurisdictional Assessing Officer) for PAN-Aadhaar delinking. After delinking, you can submit a request to link PAN-Aadhaar again. For this you also have to pay the fee.
- For this you have to know who is your JAO? To know this, you can visit eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/knowYourAO. Here you have to enter your PAN and mobile number. After verification, you will be able to see the complete details of JAO
- Apart from this, you can also get the details of JAO by login to the e-filing portal. For this, you have to click on My Profile > Jurisdictional Detail. You will get the information of JAO.
- Then you can connect with JAO official through email id available through e-portal.
Why is it necessary to link PAN-Aadhaar?
- As per section 139AA of the Income Tax Act, every person who has been issued a Permanent Account Number (PAN) and is eligible to obtain an Aadhaar number, is required to link his Aadhaar with PAN. In particular, persons who have been issued PAN on or before July 1, 2017, are required to link their Aadhaar with PAN before June 30, 2023. Explain that to link PAN with Aadhaar, you will also have to pay Rs 1000.
Under what circumstances PAN-Aadhaar can be delinked?
Duplicate PAN: If more than one PAN card has been issued with the same number, then it can be delinked. This can also happen due to fraud or fraud in the process of issuing PAN. In such cases, it is necessary to delink Aadhaar with the duplicate PAN to avoid any penalty for having more than one PAN.
More than one PAN: Issue of multiple PAN can also be one of the reasons for delinking of Aadhaar with PAN. This could be due to a glitch in the process of PAN allotment or even due to fraud. In such cases it is important to delink Aadhaar with the duplicate PAN to avoid any penalty for having multiple PANs.
Wrong linking: Sometimes there might be a mistake in the linking process. One person’s PAN card can be linked to another person’s Aadhaar card. In these circumstances, it is necessary to de-link Aadhaar with PAN to avoid any confusion during tax filing.
Fake PAN: In some cases, a person may have linked his Aadhaar with a fake PAN card. In these cases, it is very important to de-link Aadhaar from PAN to avoid any legal complications.
How to check whether Aadhaar is linked with PAN card or not?
You can check online whether your Aadhaar card and PAN card are linked or not. For this you have to go to the income tax e-filing portal (https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/) and click on the link Aadhaar. One has to enter PAN card number and Aadhaar card number to know whether Aadhaar-PAN is linked or not. Information about whether there is a link or not will be found here.
Get the more latest news updates on Gadgets