But WhatsApp has now introduced the chat history transfer option for many more Samsung smartphones with some caveats. Through this feature, WhatsApp users can transfer their account information, profile photos, private chats, group chats, old chats, media and settings from iPhone to Samsung handset. WhatsApp said that users cannot transfer their call logs or visible names.
read this also-Offers rain! Discount only on 32 inch and 43 inch Smart Tv models with best customer rating, save up to 11 thousand
A blog post was published to enhance the WhatsApp chat history transfer feature. This feature will work on Samsung smartphones with the Samsung Smart Switch app running version 188.8.131.52 or above. Or will be equipped with an operating system with Android 10 or above version. According to WhatsApp, it will soon make this feature available for other Android smartphones as well.
Through this feature, users should have WhatsApp iOS 184.108.40.206 or above on their old iPhone. At the same time, WhatsApp on the new Samsung phone should be Android 220.127.116.11 or above. For this, WhatsApp users will be using the same phone number as the old iPhone.
read this also-WhatsApp to be closed! You will not be able to access your account, do this work before it is late
For this Samsung phone should be new. If the phone is not new, users will have to do a factory reset on the Samsung phone to start the chat transfer feature. The most important thing is that Samsung users will need a USB Type-C to Lightning cable for this transfer. Cable transfer also means that the migrated data does not go to the cloud storage and WhatsApp cannot see the data you have transferred.
WhatsApp Chat Transfer From iPhone to Samsung: Follow these steps:
- Go to the Samsung phone and when you see a notification, connect it to the old iPhone using a USB Type-C to Lightning cable.
- Follow Samsung Smart Switch steps for setup.
- When the notification appears, use your iPhone’s camera to scan the QR code that appears on the new Samsung phone.
- Now you have to tap on Start on iPhone and wait for the process to complete.
- Continue setup on the new Samsung smartphone.
- When you go to the home screen, start WhatsApp and login with the same phone number that you used on your old iPhone.
- When the notification appears, tap on Import and let the process complete.
- When the new phone will stop activating, then you will see your chats again. According to WhatsApp, the data will remain on the old iPhone until you delete your data or delete WhatsApp.