2 days ago
- Copy link
Home Minister Amit Shah says that if the Maharashtra government had already handed over the case of Sushant Singh Rajput to the CBI, the matter would have ended. Actually, he was interviewed by Zee News editor-in-chief Sudhir Chaudhary. Chaudhary had asked Shah whether the case of Sushant’s death would become an issue in Bihar elections and whether people would vote on it.
‘Media too has overstated it’
Amit Shah said in his reply- Maybe some people vote on this issue too. But there were so many contraptions and I wonder why the Maharashtra government did not give it to the CBI earlier. The Supreme Court, the country’s largest court, had to decide on this. The talk got bigger. If there was a demand for Sushant’s family and had already given the case to the CBI, then it would have ended there itself. Well, the media too has overpowered it.
‘I did not give any instructions to anyone’
When Shah was asked if the NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau), CBI and AIIMS were under him, did he give any instructions to anyone? In response, he said- There is no question of giving my instructions. All entities are investigating independently. Neutral check should be.
The Government of India, at least the Narendra Modi government, does not believe in such things that we give any political instructions within the agency’s investigation. We have just said that what is true, put it before the public and the court.
Sushant died on 14 June
On June 14, Sushant’s body was found hanging from the ceiling fan in his rented house in Mumbai. On July 25, after registering an FIR in Patna, Sushant’s father KK Singh requested the Bihar government to investigate the case with the CBI. The Maharashtra government objected to this, after which the matter reached the Supreme Court. On August 19, the Supreme Court handed over the investigation of the case to the CBI.