UPSC ESE 2024: The notification for UPSC ESE 2024 has been released a few days ago. ESE i.e. Engineering Services Examination will be organized by UPSC on 18 February 2024. The candidates who have filled the application form for this examination should know the important things related to this examination.
First of all, let us tell you that the admit card for the exam will be issued a few days before the exam. The information about the examination center and time will be written in the admit card.
The selection process for the examination will be in two stages. In which the candidates will have to appear in the written examination. Preliminary and Main examinations followed by interviews will be conducted. Through this recruitment examination the Commission is filling 167 vacancies for Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics and Mass Communication Engineering.
Click here to read full notification
The exam pattern will be like this
Pattern for UPSC ESE Prelims Exam
– There will be two papers in the preliminary examination, General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper and Engineering Discipline Paper.
– There will be objective type (multiple choice questions) questions in the preliminary examination.
– The examination will be conducted in offline mode (pen-paper based).
– Paper I will have 100 questions of 200 marks while Paper-II will have 150 questions of 300 marks.
– There will be negative marking of 1/3 marks for each wrong answer.
– The time of Paper I will be 2 hours and the time of Paper II will be 3 hours.
Pattern for UPSC ESE Main Exam
There will be two papers in the main examination.
– Descriptive type questions will be asked in these papers.
– The time of each paper will be 3 hours.